1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Watch out you may give someone an ataque al corazon. They are going to be loud...

post some video when you get a chance

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good Luck with the install hope you have better luck then i did, it is real hard to find a place to put the horns, with out loosing the spare tire. But as far as the compressor goes I mounted mine in the storage area on the side of the bed, a little cutting with a razor blade and it will fit.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Wow. I don't think the mod fund has that kind of money for a horn though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dad had one on his rig. Even standing next to the rig and him just giving it a quick 'brrrrr' it would still make you jump even when you knew it was coming.

Have fun with that thing, make sure you get it on video. :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any one installed one of these???
Any ideas where to mount everything????

·
Registered
247 Posts
I will be ordering one as soon as funds are available!

·
Registered
124 Posts
That horn is great. I live in Vegas and people drive horrible out here. It would be nice to use that on the next person who cuts me off. Definatley on the list of thing to get! Lemme know how you mount it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it should be here by Tuesday so Ill take pics of the install and LOTS OF VIDEOS!!!!
jajajaja Im allready thinking of places to go do pranks....

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JAJAJAJAJA what does that do????
And where can I get one???

·
Registered
124 Posts
Did you instal those horns yet luis?

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
i wonder if he's still gonna do this...i know he is selling everything else off his truck cause he is getting a car that he has wanted forever

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought a pair of mega blast dual horns with dual compressors. I kept looking at the more expensive ones, but was concerned about room. These rated at 149db for $98. and other horns rated that decibel were about $250. and up. The compressors let me sound the horn as long as I want w/o a break. I zip-tied the horns behind the grill horizontally out of sight and it's worked great.

·
Registered
156 Posts
firekiller said:
I bought a pair of mega blast dual horns with dual compressors. I kept looking at the more expensive ones, but was concerned about room. These rated at 149db for $98. and other horns rated that decibel were about $250. and up.
where did you get those from?

·
Registered
143 Posts
textitan13 said:
where did you get those from?
I had to hunt them down again. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUAL...016QQitemZ260254162131QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I tested mine with a db meter at an average of 149+db (they say over 142db). I mounted the 2 compressors below the grill out of sight, and the two horns zip tied behind the center of the grill out of sight. I wired the compressors to the exisiting horn wire, but bumped the fuse from 15 to 20 amps. The compressors are wired in series (12v+ 12-), and when the 2nd one would kick on immediately behind the 1st, it would pop the fuse. THey've run great. These are good sized metal horns with large bells. The harmonics are good.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts