Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My titan has 65k and no tranny services. I want to get a flush but auto parts guy said it may be bad for her. Said truck gets used to the old fluid and could act up if it gets a complete flush. What should I do. Should I just drain and fill or should I spend the money and take it to get flushed?

· Registered
333 Posts
I had mine flushed at 65k and now have 66.5k on her and she runs good as ever. Dealer did mine. I dont see a problem but many say no to a flush on the T

· Registered
508 Posts
Just drain and top off. I think there's a TSB out about advising dealers not to flush. Could mess up valves or something.

· Registered
549 Posts
If you are willing to do it yourself, then do a simple d/f to start and see how that does. If you have good luck, which I assume you will, then plan a complete fluid exchange a few months later. You can do this yourself if you want or take it to a shop. Just make sure if they use a machine, it is not a reverse flow or powered in any way other then the truck itself.

Nissan/Infinity did release a TSB stating that the 5speed auto rwd platform does not require any kind of flush and a flush may cause issues but that it mainly in reguards to reverse flushes that push the dirty fluid thru the valves and etc... or power ones the increase the pressure to an unsafe level and blows out seals or etc....

If you do the simple d/f, then disconnect a return trans line and pump out 2qt and top off 2qt and repeat until you have flowed thru 12-16qts, you should have effectively exchanged all the fluid.

SideNote: Make sure whatever fluid you meets the Matic J spec. Amsoil, M1, RP, Maxlife, etc..... are all name brand lubicants that have fluids that meet the Matic J spec. Heck, it is even reported that the house brand syn from O'riley meets the J spec so check it all out and choose a single fluid to go with. You can even buy online at Advance Auto Parts and use their online coupon codes to save even more but just select in store pick-up and you should be good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.