Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an '06 4x4 CrewCab Titan. I recently installed a PML pan and added 9qts of AMSOIL. My tranny temp as measured by BD GT climbed to 225 today when towing a 7500lbs trailer up the hills. I am towing in 4th and dropping to 3rd when needed.

Oil is new and 1/2 way mark
Coolant is new and 1/2 way mark
Tranny fluid is new

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next? I am trying to look for something in the truck that may be causing this problem first. Next, is an extra tranny cooler.

Mike

·
Registered
853 Posts
I wish I had the answer for ya. Ive had tranny temps rise when towing under those conditions but shifting to 4th always seemed to lower the temps pretty good. I dont know much about that pan but that may have something to do with. Not sure how many miles you have on the truck, how often you service the tranny, or how often you tow with these variables. If you have done a lot of towing at the top of the scale and not taken the time to service fluids...that may also have something to do with it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
765 Posts
A short spike to 225 is nothing to get alarmed about. My measured normal temp is is 195, same as the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts