Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My transfer case is leaking where the two halves meet and are bolted together. At first it was a slight drip here or there, and now I have lost 3/4 of a quart in a month. I need to seperate the two halves and clean and RTV it, I guess. I am just not sure what I will be getting into trying to open it. Can anyone give any advice on what the best way to go about this would be, or the best way to fix this issue? Is this something a Nissan tech should handle? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
853 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I am gonna call my dealership and see if they can do anything. I wonder if this would apply since I am at 95,000 miles and way out of warranty?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Yeah you are out of warranty and are on your own. Mine seems to be leaking a little as well but I retorqued the bolts and checked the fluid level and once I took the fill plug off the fluid started flowing out. Hopefully mine will be ok for awhile.

I started to look into how I could fix this myself and I don't think that I would try and fix it (and I'm a DIY kind of guy). Let us know what you end up doing.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I have attached the TSB in its entirety. Seems like if the bolts shown on the TSB are completely backed out its time to replace the transfer case but if they are still there just retorque them. I will be getting under my truck tomorrow after work to check these bolts as I didn't check these on my truck.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts