Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine who is ASE certified and myself installed the transgo shift kit today on my truck. The install went smoothly and took about 4 hours and we followed all the steps very carefully. Heres the problem. The truck can still shift into park, but now when the truck is in park, the digital display bar on the dash shows that its not in any gear. It also will not start in park.
A second problem is when i try to go WOT from a roll, the truck hesitates for a solid 1-2 seconds before downshifting. Im guessing that this is because the transmission is having to relearn because of the transgo?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Is fluid level normal? 2 people have had pinched wires that caused problems. Check titantalk also, thats where I read about a couple people having problems Both of which got resolved

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is fluid level normal? 2 people have had pinched wires that caused problems. Check titantalk also, thats where I read about a couple people having problems Both of which got resolved
Fluid level is good. I put 9 quarts of trans fluid back in after the install. Im looking through the threads on titantalk but none of them describe problems similar to mine :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
If I remember correctly, there is linkage above the VB that has to align up during re-installation of the VB back into the tranny......I think it is the Manual valve body and MLP sensor.....they index to each other before installation & there is a connector for the sensor also.

I am no speciallist but I did the Transgo kit on my son's T......but being that the dash is not registering when it is Park this might be the problem.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BMF'n Titan, thanks for your input! You were right about the linkage pin being the problem with the trans recognizing park. I dropped the vb and bent the pin into place and now the park problem is gone, but the downshifts are still screwed up. Whenever i try to go half or wide open throttle from a roll, the trans takes a few seconds before dropping down into the right gear. Any ideas on whats going on?

·
CTs Little Chihuahua
6,425 Posts
BMF'n Titan, thanks for your input! You were right about the linkage pin being the problem with the trans recognizing park. I dropped the vb and bent the pin into place and now the park problem is gone, but the downshifts are still screwed up. Whenever i try to go half or wide open throttle from a roll, the trans takes a few seconds before dropping down into the right gear. Any ideas on whats going on?
its trying to relearn its new settings. might have to get a retune for that mine does that too but i remember when i first got my titan it would do that then after uprev it didnt do that anymore. i havent done a retune for it i think uprev finally managed to work on the tranny problems too :) but to be safe if ur going to hammer it on a low mph try manual shifting maybe itll help :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My truck used to do that too. It wasn't related to the transgo though. It started either after taking the PGM off, or installing the Bullydog GT. I remember it would suck in races, because if me and the other guy floored it at the same time, the other guy would get like a 1 second jump because my truck wouldn't down shift right away. It was annoying as sh*t, but I just lived with it

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My truck used to do that too. It wasn't related to the transgo though. It started either after taking the PGM off, or installing the Bullydog GT. I remember it would suck in races, because if me and the other guy floored it at the same time, the other guy would get like a 1 second jump because my truck wouldn't down shift right away. It was annoying as sh*t, but I just lived with it
You never found anything to fix it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.