Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, sorry if this is a re-post, but i searched around and couldn't really find the answers

I have an 08 SE CC with 48,000 on it and I'm wanting to do a drain and fill on my transmission. do i need to change the filter also? if so, is it hard to change? and do you have to fill the tranny through the dipstick? if so I'm sure thats a PITA! lol

thanks in advance
James

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
There's no filter to change. Unscrew the trans drain plug, measure what came out and refill the same amount through the dipstick tube.

·
Registered
334 Posts
that is a good way to go and if you Want to check level Warm it up park leveland shift tranny thru the gears put in park and check stick with moter running. might have to clean dipstick a few times to get a clean reading and get a little funnel.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I did a full transmission fluid exchange a couple weeks ago. I dropped the pan and disconnected the cooler lines. Next time I'm just draining using the pan plug and disconnecting the cooler lines. But I will be doing a full exchange each time. The pan gasket was $45. The pan itself was pretty clean and the magnets had very little metallic crud on them.

If you only want to change out about three quarts of transmission fluid at a time then it is no more difficult than changing the engine oil. Actually easier since you don't have to deal with the engine oil filter.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I did a full transmission fluid exchange a couple weeks ago. I dropped the pan and disconnected the cooler lines. Next time I'm just draining using the pan plug and disconnecting the cooler lines. But I will be doing a full exchange each time. The pan gasket was $45. The pan itself was pretty clean and the magnets had very little metallic crud on them.

Did you send in a sample? How did your fluid look?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Sample is still waiting to be mailed. :(

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts