Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody I am new to this website but I wanted to join so I could get some help I was going to buy a hypertech max energy from a guy and tried to put it on my truck and now it wont start and its in the shop and theysaid the computer wont reprogram and I don't know idlf there telling me that and they said they even tried a new ecu and it still wouldn't work someone please help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this truck at the shop or at the dealer? The dealer can reprogram the computer, if not, they can replace the computer. A normal shop can not do this because your imobilizer code has to be programmed into the truck after a computer change, only Nissan can do this security programming.

Sean

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
holy moly!! I was looking at a HT, forget it now! Sorry that happend man!
This can happen with any of the programmer brands.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
but how does it happen? i thought it was a simple plug and play device? why would the the computer lock him out?

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
During UPRev testing I fried two ECU's. Risk of messing with it for sure!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
oooss noosss........now i'm having second thoughts about the superchip flashpack............someone, say it ain't so....

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
oooss noosss........now i'm having second thoughts about the superchip flashpack............someone, say it ain't so....
If everything is turned off in the Titan and your battery is at least 80% charged, you won't have any problems. Crashing happens maybe 1 out of 1000 times.

·
Registered
238 Posts
man im with ya, if i fry my ecu my wife will kick my azz and i'll deserve that azz kickin....... i promised not to mess with this one... kind funny I punched my truck and you could hear my "factory intake" (LOL) and my wife said this stock truck sounds really good for a S T O C K truck and looked at me- ha ha.... yea Nissan does a great job....ha ha

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
that's reassuring. i guess just run the T for a bit so the battery has charge, and then kill everything. so no curve balls then. I wonder what cause this hypertech issue then.....

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
If using Uprev plug in your laptop to A/C and make sure you don't bump the cable going into the OBD port. I've flashed mine twice with great results. I'm addicted to my performance map. I switched to the stock tune and forgot I did that. I punched it a few days later and thought, "Dang, my truck's really SLOW".

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wouldn't even say that the 1 in 1000 is accurate. I would say maybe 1 in 50000 or more new units have a problem. The main problem with the original thread post is that it was a used unit. Most likely the previous owner did not return his truck to stock corrctly and sold the programmer in an "interupted program" state. Once he hooked it to his truck, said yes to program, it forced the other trucks info into his computer in an effort to fix the previous interuption, however the unit was hooked to a different truck.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I wouldn't even say that the 1 in 1000 is accurate. I would say maybe 1 in 50000 or more new units have a problem. The main problem with the original thread post is that it was a used unit. Most likely the previous owner did not return his truck to stock corrctly and sold the programmer in an "interupted program" state. Once he hooked it to his truck, said yes to program, it forced the other trucks info into his computer in an effort to fix the previous interuption, however the unit was hooked to a different truck.

thats a fair statement- but has anyone ever got a new programmer out of the box (any mfr) and locked up a titan ecu?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts