Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright the trucks got just under 50K miles on it and it seems to be having trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. During normal cruising, it seems like it has to rev higher before shifting. Under WOT, sometimes it revs way into redline and even bounces off a couple times before shifting. I take this to mean that my clutches are going out. Is that an accurate diagnosis? Ive been avoiding having to go to the dealership and give them any more money. Also, if it is the clutches going out, where can i buy a stronger replacement clutch pack? I remember reading about Red Eagle clutches a while back on here.

As always, any help is appreciated

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
You did check the trans oil level?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Creator of the DUMBEST thread ever!
4,107 Posts
Mine did that right before the transmission had to be replaced. Hope it is still under warranty because it is hella expensive. If it is under warranty get it as back to stock as possible before you take it in. I took uprev off. I didnt have headers though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine did that right before the transmission had to be replaced. Hope it is still under warranty because it is hella expensive. If it is under warranty get it as back to stock as possible before you take it in. I took uprev off. I didnt have headers though.
Its out of warranty. But I dont think the whole trans is shot, just the clutches. Does anyone know where i can buy a replacement clutch pack?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
72 Posts
It could also be your bands. What ever you do, do it quick before your transmission begins throwing codes and the TCM get screwed up. Since the TCM is part of the Valve Body you would need to replace the entire VB. AND...... I've been waiting 4 weeks to get one from NISSAN as there is a National back order on that part!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts