·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
That's unbiased opinion from a good source. 'Course, we already knew this, but it's nice to see it portrayed this way.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
RockyMtnTitan said:
I have seen this, also, and think it's the best comparo out there. Here's another pretty good one from C&D:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=7692
Nice, I haven't read that one yet. Here's a nice quote worth mentioning...

"Nissan reared back and loosed “the Hulk.” The Titan is high, wide, and aching for a showdown with all comers. Cab space tops all the others. It doesn’t mess around with halfway engines, either: big horsepower is the only choice, 305 from an all-aluminum DOHC 32-valve V-8 backed by a five-speed automatic." 8)

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Seems all the magazines agree. I find it humorous that the C&D article complains about the exhaust roar, yet so many Titan owners are installing dual exhaust kits making it even louder. Guess it's all in the ear of the beholder.

·
Registered
177 Posts
LDOTITAN said:
Seems all the magazines agree. I find it humorous that the C&D article complains about the exhaust roar, yet so many Titan owners are installing dual exhaust kits making it even louder. Guess it's all in the ear of the beholder.
Great point, the Titan sounds too mean. Too much like a truck, too bad azz. Give me a freaking break!!!

I'm not as much into the louder thing as I'm into the deep, rumble, unique, exotic sound. At least that's what I'm looking for.

The Borla I heard on the Titan was the closest I've heard to the sound I'm looking for.

I've heard that B&B and Basini sound a little like the Borla although I haven't heard either on a Titan except Borla of course.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
870 Posts
I decided to purchase my Titan based solely on the reviews I had read of it. The only other truck I was considering was a Tundra, bash them all you want, but they really are a great(although a little underpowered) truck. I had never even seen one in person when my wife picked me up at the airport in it. Almost a year and about 12k miles later I am still extremely pleased with it. My biggest problem is deciding if I want to drive this one into the ground over the next 10 years or so, or trade up on a new one every couple years.

·
Registered
177 Posts
NateL said:
I decided to purchase my Titan based solely on the reviews I had read of it. The only other truck I was considering was a Tundra, bash them all you want, but they really are a great(although a little underpowered) truck. I had never even seen one in person when my wife picked me up at the airport in it. Almost a year and about 12k miles later I am still extremely pleased with it. My biggest problem is deciding if I want to drive this one into the ground over the next 10 years or so, or trade up on a new one every couple years.
Same here Natel, after reading the reviews i just had to test drive one and it was all over.

About the Tundra, no bashing here. I owned one for 3 years until the Titan and it was a great truck for what I used it for. It fit my needs just fine and had some mods on it and it performed really well top end wise.

Never had a problem with it except the infamous brake judder. I never paid for brakes the entire 3 years I owned it due to this and right before I traded it I didn't have the factory warrenty so i just moved on to some more free brake jobs by getting the Titan. :lol:

·
Registered
870 Posts
When I got into mine and turned the key that was literally the first time I had ever seen or been in a Titan. I'm normally very anal when I make big purchases, but something about the Titan just called out to me. Everyone thought I was crazy for buying a truck that I had only just read about, but now all those people wish they bought one too(a few of them have)

·
Registered
177 Posts
NateL said:
When I got into mine and turned the key that was literally the first time I had ever seen or been in a Titan. I'm normally very anal when I make big purchases, but something about the Titan just called out to me. Everyone thought I was crazy for buying a truck that I had only just read about, but now all those people wish they bought one too(a few of them have)
I had seen a few around before I test drove one but it must have been quite an experience to see, drive and then purchase one like you did. That's good stuff.

The only regret I have is that I didn't get VDC. I just missed the month when they switched E-Lock for VDC. I wish they had just stuck with VDC due to the % the E-Lock will really be needed and used doesn't even come close to how much I would use traction control.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts