Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm starting this post now. I will add to it as I go. As of now I have the computer built that is going in my Titan. It is a Pentium III 833 mhz 256mb memory DVD drive and only a 10 gig hard drive right now. I will upgrade the hard drive before I install it in the truck. Probably get an 120 gig drive that should be enough to hold my MP3's and movies. I have not begun to build my custom center console. When I do I will post some pictures. I will be putting an 8 inch touchscreen LCD in the dash where the factory radio is now. Since I've never worked with fiberglass it will take me a while to get this project done. I have everything but the LCD now. The new custom center console will hold a 10 inch Infinity Subwoofer. It will fire toward the rear of the truck. I have an older Kicker 360 amp to power the sub. I am still undecided if I will upgrade the head unit or not. Currently I have the factory radio but I have a Pioneer unit that I really liked that was in another vehicle. Keep checking this mod for updates. Pictures to come when I start on center console.
M4ck

·
Registered
117 Posts
one word of warning on fiberglass, when they say you can clean your hands and tools off with acetone, it is a lie. It will lighten fiberglass up a little but not take it off. I would recomend rubber gloves, and not touching anything in the house until you check to see if your hands and clothes do not have any resin on them. I had to buy the wife a new kitchen faucet after I put nice fiberglass fingerprints on the handles. Funny how the 35$ faucet that came with the house needed replaced by a 200$ one. 8)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice price but not touchscreen. See my system will have a pc in it. I need a touchscreen. I will probably get a Lilliput from http://www.mp3car.com/store/ they have some good stuff.
M4ck

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
So will that computer void the warranty on your cigarette lighter? :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Update?

I have been thinking about that new flush fit Kenwood. I think it has A/V inputs so you could use the screen as the monitor. It also plays DVDs, MP3s etc etc.

S.O.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeh I have been thinking about that unit as well. Seems like a lot though when I can get a LCD touchscreen for lots less. Then use the computer for those functions. I have been thinking about this mod. Just haven't had time. When it warms up I will start experimenting with fiberglass. Like I said I have never messed with it before and will probably take a few tries to get right. I don't want a hack job on my truck. Know what I mean.
I will keep you updated though.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Firecracker I have his site in my favorites. One of my main sources for learning about fiberglassing. The guy can make some great stuff.
M4ck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts