Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
High Road Rider
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so here is the issue. On my way to work this morning (its raining by the way), stop at a red light to turn right, turn right up a slight incline very cautiously, as I don't want to lose traction. I lose traction anyways, so normally in this scenario, my truck stops for a second, then it accelerates after getting traction, this time the tires just kept spinning.

After pumping the gas trying to get the traction control to turn on (well, I thought that was the way to get it turn on), it finally kicked on after about 5 seconds of solid tire spin. My odometer at one point said I was going 60mph. This has never happened before. What do you guys think is going on and how do I fix it?

Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
idk what your issue would be. speed sensor maybe idk. wanted to put out there though....with a specific throttle input, i can keep the wheels spinning even on dry pavement. if i throttle too much the traction control kicks in and it bogs the engine down...not enough it either doesnt spin the tires or the tc kicks on. there is a "magic" spot, at least for my truck.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Its cool, every time I do a burn out my spedo jumps up to the speed the tires are going then back down to rolling speed

·
High Road Rider
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its cool, every time I do a burn out my spedo jumps up to the speed the tires are going then back down to rolling speed
True, but my trucks never done a burnout, every time I screech the tires, the truck stops for a second, then continues on

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
If both rear tires were spinning about the same speed the VDC would not see a difference in wheel speed and wouldn't apply. If one wheel is spinning much faster than the other the VDC will kick in, which applies the brake to the faster spinning wheel and cuts power. When the wheels get back to about the same speed, power is restored.

·
High Road Rider
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If both rear tires were spinning about the same speed the VDC would not see a difference in wheel speed and wouldn't apply. If one wheel is spinning much faster than the other the VDC will kick in, which applies the brake to the faster spinning wheel and cuts power. When the wheels get back to about the same speed, power is restored.
Ok, so the truck really just thought I was going 60? No need to worry, just throw some weights in the back and call it a day?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd just get new tires because clearly yours are crap lol

·
High Road Rider
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd just get new tires because clearly yours are crap lol
Lawlz. They have a ton of tread left. Even when they were brand new, they were crap on wet pavement. Oddly enough, great on snow, ice, mud, gravel, everything else. Just no good on wet pavement.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Lawlz. They have a ton of tread left. Even when they were brand new, they were crap on wet pavement. Oddly enough, great on snow, ice, mud, gravel, everything else. Just no good on wet pavement.
Yeah I have bridgestone dualers on my SUV and they are amazing in wet weather. Great offroad and good enough in snow (I don't have to use 4wd unlike the Titan I have to constantly switch in/out)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts