Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you had this or heard of this? While stopping the truck, it will lunge forward like there was a huge weight shift. Nothing in the bed. I have 14,000 miles on it.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I believe that's a new torque converter management system Nissan implemented in 2009.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it supposed to do that?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Is it supposed to do that?
Now that I don't know. I read that they made changes to how the torque converter engages and disengages.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Man mines on 09 LE BT and it does not do that. The only time it lunges is if I punch it and it downshifts real hard then I let off real quick- like transmission wind up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not sure but one of my friends has a titan and it started doing that and he realized that 4wd was engaged and it was in low gear. maybe thats it?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I run it in (D). Drive
I have an appointment with Nissan. I will repost tomorrow (Fri) with an update.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Of course the truck would not do it today. The Altimas or Maximas use to do it. They had to reprogram the cars. They do not have a new program for the Titan yet to fix it..

What happens is the pressure builds up in the lines and surges the truck right before stopping. Won't harm nothing just annoying.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
If the engine idle is too high it can cause this. Idle should be about 650 with engine warmed up, in gear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts