Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had a problem with there titan not wanting to accelerate? I took my titan to the dealer and they said my back tire was very low on air and said that would cause the traction module to kick in and not allow truck to accelerate. Does this sound right? I was driving on the interstate about 70mph and just started to slow up just a little bit, when i would try to give some gas it would bump like no fuel was getting to the engine, or bad gas, truck would not accelerate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. not that i dont believe the dealer it just doesnt make any sence to me, but i am not mechanically inclined either. thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
The system monitors each wheel speed, and cuts back on engine power if there is a difference. But I don't think that was the problem; it takes a big difference in wheel speeds for that to happen.
The dealer should have checked fuel pressure. There have been problems with the fuel pump, and there is a Technical Service Bulletin out on that problem.

·
Registered
387 Posts
GET YOUR FUEL PUMP CHECKED OUT
i bet you thats your problem because i had similar problems so the dealer replaced it and now it runs like the day i bought it

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me in my dad's dodge. When I would press on the gas it will studder and even sometimes rumble the whole truck because it wasnt firing right.
It was the fuel pump. It was going out and was not far from leaving me or my dad stranded somewhere.
You have to pull the gas tank to get the pump out!!
Good luck cause I heard they are very expensive to replace.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
If not fuel pump It could be lean AFR are you running any mods?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also have them check the cat converters. If the clog up then you will loose power.
Hey same problem,I was told same thing.but never heard of both converters going out same time or w/in a week seems like,I don’t know,any input is greatly appreciated,.4094life

1 - 9 of 9 Posts