Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am currently looking to buy a truck and found a 2004 titan 4x4, crew cab, with the half rear doors not full. i really like. it has 114,000 mi on it but other than that is in excellent condition. they are asking $11,500 for it. my question is are there any problemic things i should look for at this mileage? what have you guys experienced for any mechanical issues? would you say there is plenty of life left in this truck or should i search for something with less miles? any help would be great. thanks nate

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
i am currently looking to buy a truck and found a 2004 titan 4x4, crew cab, with the half rear doors not full. i really like. it has 114,000 mi on it but other than that is in excellent condition. they are asking $11,500 for it. my question is are there any problemic things i should look for at this mileage? what have you guys experienced for any mechanical issues? would you say there is plenty of life left in this truck or should i search for something with less miles? any help would be great. thanks nate
At 100k the plugs need to be changed. If they haven't, that's an easy 90$ fix. Look at the rear differential cover. If it has fins on the back it has been replaced. If it doesnt then look on the inside of your brakes for excessive brake fluid spraying due to bad axle seals. Thats about the extent of what I know. Except even with that mileage it should still be pretty peppy. So if it's not then I might be concerned

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i ended up buying the truck and i love it! already towed my jeep to an off road trip and it had no prob towing. i replaced an abs sensor that was bad. my rear locker of course does not work but i see randys ring and pinion has a nice limited slip rearend i may be getting for it. all in all love this truck so far gas mileage was horrible for towing the jeep but hey i bought a truck with balls not a prius! :O

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Glad to hear you're happy with your Titan. Why do you say the rear locker doesn't work? The off-road package has an electronic locking rear differential.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the electric locker will not engage. nissan offers no replacement parts for it. i guess from what i have read many people have had problems with their electric lockers not working properly

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
You have to be in 4LO for it to engage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i did try that and no luck... but the other day i tried again and i got it to work once. so it seems its working but not all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts