Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this problem. I have an '04 Titan with about 90k on it. The truck starts sometime then shuts off, sometimes it wont start at all, it will just keep turning but never turn completely over. One time I did get it started and it barely ran and I smelled gas. I talked to my uncle about it who has a Dodge ram and had a similar problem a few years back. he said it has to be one of three things.. fuel pump ( I don't think its that because it was getting gas) mass air flow regulator, or one of the two power packs (whatever that is).
Please help if you can. Apologies if this has been addresed before.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Answered in your other post.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ipdm pos

The same thing happened to my 2004 4x4 CC last week. It was the IPDM. That box white board in that box that sits behind the battery. It might be wotrh a try to reseat all the connectors.
Also read the thread above about the IPDM and relays. I wished I had read it last week. They had a tough time finding it and charged $415 parts and labor.
The IPDM was $135. That's definitely it!
After about 100 miles driving, the truck now pulls a p0430 and I'm trying to find out why. It never did it before. Code says bank 2 catalytic efficiency downstream so I'm going to try the rear O2 plug.
Hope it helps you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input...
Do any service lights come on when this problem is present? A mechanic and autozone both checked the computer and nothing was found.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
You won't get a light.
Look at this thread on ClubArmada, post #7.
Sounds like it could be a bad relay in the IPDM.

Yep,bad relay in IPDM,mine did it 2 weeks ago,replaced the relay and no probs since.Oh, and by the way,although rare I have found at times that this problem will set a U1000 CAN COMM CIRCUIT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts