Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Creator of the DUMBEST thread ever!
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have not drove the truck in a day. Saw two dark spots under it while cutting the grass. felt under there.... brought my hand back out to discover a green colored watery substance on my hand. It is leaking back behind the guard you take off to change the oil filter... other than the obvious radiator crack... what else could it be?

·
Registered
57 Posts
couldnt it just be a lose hose clamp or something simpler

·
Creator of the DUMBEST thread ever!
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
two house payments are killing any new mod money right now.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Don't forget possible loose Cap, though it usually lows on top of the engine. Loose clamps and cracked hoses if 4 years old. BUT, if money is just laying around, then you must upgrade to a Stillen Radiator asap. Then figure the real reason later. lol. :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just had this same problem last week. I found a place locally that would sell me a brand new radiator for my truck for $193.00 out the door. Mine had a crack on the bottom tank so I found a place that would replace the bottom tank/cap for $85.00 so I went that route. I've put about 900 miles on the truck since then and don't seem to have any problems with it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
978 Posts
King,

I have an 07 and I have had my radiator replaced twice. It was covered under warranty both times. So for everything is cool with the second one.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yep just had mine replaced about a month ago. Had it replaced under extended warranty for 100 bucks. But I was changing my oil saturday and found a red substance very familiar to transmission fluid all over my passenger side front suspension so im taking it back tomorrow to make sure everything was tightened and done right with the radiator install. it sucks. my truck has been in the shop the last month more than it has in the past two years

·
Registered
207 Posts
Also check the back of the water pump. They have weep holes to let you know the pump is going bad. Auto stores sell dye that you can see with a black light. The dye shows you where the leak starts.

·
Registered
494 Posts
KINGMADE said:
that is exactly it... two puddles side by side.... well ****.. guess it is time to take some stuff off and take her in.
Take what off??? What do you have on your truck that would cause the radiator to crack and leak?

I assume you are just taking stuff off so you don't have to argue with the dealer.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
Don't assume that it is the radiator. If the leak is near the oil filter it could be the hoses that carry coolant to the engine oil cooler. That cooler is in the base of the oil filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
i found fluid dripping slightly on my power steering rack like 3 years ago when i bought the truck... though it was something with the power steering. Couldn't really tell the color cause it was all mixed with all the debris from the road and such.

Turns out it was the water pump had a slight leak... got that replaced under warrenty (what the hell is that? Man that was to long ago) and haven't had any problems since

Unless this is a titan thing with radiators... i would check all the hoses and clamps first.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
It must be something in the air, I brought mine in yesterday. The lower tank is cracked. 40,000 miles on an 06 and if I didn't have the extended warranty I would be paying for it. The local dealer Giles would not even send a wrecker for it, they said I would have to pay to tow it there. So I filled it up with water and drove it there, it made it ok.
James

1 - 20 of 24 Posts