Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 Titan 4x4 offroad with the Locking rear end... still on the original rear axle and spider gears (150k) but i was wondering if or when mine goes and i decide to replace it with TruTrac, do you still have the ability to lock up the rear end? or does it only have the ability to limit the slip?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the thing i like about the E-Lock is its locked right from the get go with the push of a button.. im not a huge fan of limited slip cause you have to get the tires spinning up to a certain speed before it will transfer the power to the other tire. I like to crawl when offroading or in a slick situation... not a person that likes to spin the tires like hell just to get it to lock or transfer power.

The best "limited slip" rear axle i know of is the Eaton Rear locker that comes on the chevy's. There may be some guys that pound me on here for saying this but i am truly impressed with their locker. The locker on those things locks up pretty quick and easily when there's a difference in wheel speed.. only takes one rotation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts