Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '04 Titan LE Crew and have an intermittent problem where if I drive for (usually) over an hour, the speakers first start to make a crackling noise, which progresses slowly into a LOUD hissing/crackling, which is uncontrollable -- IE volume, source, even powering off the stereo does not turn it off! Even if I pull over, turn the truck off, and restart, within about 10 seconds it starts up again. It starts on the left dash speaker and then spreads to the other speakers. I have physically disconnected the dash speakers only to find the other speakers join in.

Problem is it is so friggin intermittent I never am near a dealer when it happens. Once it starts it does not stop unless I turn the truck off for a good hour.

Any ideas??

For now I keep a towel in the car to smother the speakers when it does this.
thanks
Scott

·
Registered
493 Posts
Cel phone? My LG phone will send a teriffic noise similar to what you discribe if I leave it on the dash for a long time.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Do you have the Rockfor Fosgate stereo. I know there are some TSB's on those. Have you checked with your dealer to see what they say about it. http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Titan/2004/1.htm
go there and see if you see any Service Bulletin's on it.
M4ck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I have the Rockford Fosgate. Dealer claimed they fixed it last time but of course I can't check it as it is intermittant, but it came back of course. I'm just waiting for it to come back between 9-5 M-F so I can drive straight to the dealer...! I'll check the TSBs but don't think I ever found one that describes this (nor anyone else who has had the problem).

I can't imagine it's my cellphone but I guess next time it happens I'll try to turn it off...

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Searching for an Answer

I am currently on my SECOND amp, and it has Failed!

I can rock the ignition switch until the noise stops, then start the truck, but the rear speakers no longer work.

ALSO, I discovered last week, I was in a hurry and didn't have time to rock the switch so when I started my Titan the speakers started the Whistling/Cracking noise (I thought "Oh well, I gotta go"), as I started to stop at the next intersection the Brakes Failed and went to Failsafe!! (It sounded like the Emergency Brakes were engaging, because when I released the brake pedal, I could hear a Spring Releasing "Boing"-sound)

I stopped my Titan and rocked the switch to stop the hissing/Cracking/Whistling Speaker noise, and the Brakes worked fine.

My Titan is Still under warranty, but I don't have the time now to allow it to sit at the Stealership since the Lead mechanic doesn't know what the Repair is.

I've been having this problem since September of '06, and we replaced the Amplifier in February of '07 (which seemed to fix the problem), and it failed in March '07.
I'm hoping to discover the answer on 'the Boards' -OR- when I figure it out, I can post it for Others.

-I haven't found a TSB for this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts