Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever found out or solve this uneven bed or suspension issue?its really starting to annoy me every time i walk towards the rear of the truck,even my my wife already started to notice it and even her is annoyed by it,i think its the the bed is the uneven one and not the suspension cause when i look and the bed from behind i can tell the bed on d/s is lower than pass side by looking at where the rear windows and top of the bed,so please if anyone already figured out the solution feel free to chime in cause its really freaking annoying,thanks

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
any picture's of this? My passenger bedside is lower than the driver, but i have a bad shock on that side

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is a couple of pic,its noticeable that the d/s is lower than pass side and on the second pic if u look at the rear left and right glass window from the top of the bed d/s is lower than pass,so i am not sure if its the bed or something to do with suspension.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
yeah its your bed, cuz on mine its lower towards the end of the truck not near the cab. Did you ever hit anything, drop something heavy into the bed?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no never hit anything at all,and the only thing i have inside the bed is tool box full of tools probably about 100-150lbs.but its secured right in the front middle of the bed,i even actually put the tool box on the right side to see if it will level it but no luck its still uneven,some people say it could be cause by the fuel tank being on the left rear,but either way my fuel tank is full or 1/4 tank of fuel still no difference,i think im gonna try to loosen up my both side u bolts and re-tighten them and see if it will make any difference,if not then its definitely the bed and if it is the bed hopefully there's a way to fix it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i loosen up the u bolts and re tighten them but no difference so i gues it is the bed that is uneven,now is safe to add some kind of shim spacer to level out the bed?also where and how many bolts are holding the bed,i just wanna add a spacer on the left side so it would even out with the pass side.thanks

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i was going to suggest adding spacers/washers between the bed and frame next. im not sure how many there are, maybe you can PM baseball fans he seems to have all the diagrams

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok cool ill pm bbf,thanks

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Lol, Whenever the words Diagram/Blueprints/Instructions are typed He's there!!

Simply.... amazing

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yup.i need to know how bbf does it,his so quick:auslachen2-big:

but thanks bbf for the lightning quick reply:)

·
Registered
173 Posts
yup.i need to know how bbf does it,his so quick:auslachen2-big:

but thanks bbf for the lightning quick reply:)
He has hooked me up too..:) So EAC what did he say about your bed?

I had a noise in the rear that manifested itself when going over train tracks. I was under the truck one day just looking at stuff and I found all my bolts to the bed loose (atleast I think they were the bed bolts) so I tighten all of 'em and it cured the noise. I know it might not be your problem, but it's a thought.

L

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He has hooked me up too..:) So EAC what did he say about your bed?

I had a noise in the rear that manifested itself when going over train tracks. I was under the truck one day just looking at stuff and I found all my bolts to the bed loose (atleast I think they were the bed bolts) so I tighten all of 'em and it cured the noise. I know it might not be your problem, but it's a thought.

L
oh bbf pm me the diagram(w/pic):):) on how and where the bed bolts are located,i already fixed that uneven bed problem i just added 2washers 1rubber washer on bothe front and back bolts on the d/s bed.now the bed is even,after fixing that uneven bed problem i notice my d/s bumper is lower the the pass side,i tried adjusting but no luck,o well its not noticeable anyways only when u really stare at it:):)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've heard this is the "nissan lean" similar to the chevy lean. Mine leans to the left a bit...kinda annoying. I've read that alot came from the factory like that...just the way the body was put together. lame.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I even had the engineers sign off on getting me new front and rear springs trying to fix it with no luck. Its easily the 2nd most irritating thing about the landyacht. First is gas station. LOL

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
My '91 Ranger had a similar lean. I fixed it by installing Deaver leaf springs and replacing the shackles and shackle brackets. Kind of overkill for a vehicle that old but I was able to slid the cost by my wife under the "Maintenance Item" category.

I'm surprised you guys aren't swapping ground to frame measurements.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar lean going. After a while I started to hear clunking sounds when I turned. This weekend it was worse than ever. I found my left leaf spring was hitting the underside of my bed. The leaf spring shackle welds broke and the shackle opened up about 2".

See the attached pictures (storage box is removed...) in the second picture you can see where it was hitting the seam of the bed.

The new shackle is completely redesigned. The rolled bushing retainer is replaced with a seamless tube, a gusset is added in the open section of the form. All intersections of the form, tube and gusset are welded too.

The new shackle cost ~$35.00.

It's worth looking at I've seen pictures on here where the shackle completely failed and the leaf spring blew a hole through the bed.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts