Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Danny dropping in to give a little bit of an update with what's going on at the shop!!

We have been hard at work finalizing the project! Our main tech, Chris, has been driving a truck with the TB for over a month to monitor daily drivability, and let me tell you, IT IS PERFECT! As always, stay tuned for more about that!

Another interesting project that we have been focusing on in this Titan transmission. As some of you FI guys and other high-horsepower guys may have realized, this tranny can be a little week at the track! With our truck pushing over 365whp on only 5lbs of boost, we have had a number of issues in the past with transmissions. Well, we have found our answer! At what we hope to have as 475+ whp (at 11+ lbs), we have been able to rebuild a Titan transmission from the bottom up with new clutches, new discs, strong fluid, etc.... This past Friday, we finally finished our transmission upgrade, and, again it is FLAWLESS! Under heavy throttle, this thing shifts at redline as quick as my Mitsubishi's twin clutch and handles this power without letting go. Our tranny is the second one that we have rebuilt (first was for a S/C Titan--he has put over 2000 miles on it in the last month and it is still getting better each day).

I will be sure to keep you updated on this project and others in the coming weeks.

As always, stay tuned,
Team Relentless

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Well, we have found our answer! At what we hope to have as 475+ whp (at 11+ lbs), we have been able to rebuild a Titan transmission from the bottom up with new clutches, new discs, strong fluid, etc.... This past Friday, we finally finished our transmission upgrade, and, again it is FLAWLESS! Under heavy throttle, this thing shifts at redline as quick as my Mitsubishi's twin clutch and handles this power without letting go. Our tranny is the second one that we have rebuilt (first was for a S/C Titan--he has put over 2000 miles on it in the last month and it is still getting better each day).
How come no one @ the meet said anything about this! This is the 1st time i've heard about this... Sound's awesome by the way, but you would have thought someone @ Relentless would have said something? :) I would be interested in a trans upgrade! Is this something that can be done at the shop? How much would something like this cost? What part's would be used in the upgrade? (transgo, red eagle, ipt...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts