Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!!

I am new to the forums and just wanted to say hello! I purchased a 2005 Titan LE CC 4x4 a couple months ago and have since then saved up enough money for some upgrades.

Lift: I came across PRG Products - Greg through doing research on these forums. He has been great to work with! I bought the Procomp Radflo kit with the upgraded Radflo rear shocks. I also bought the PRG Offroad traction bars. Again, Greg was awesome to work with and was a blast to talk to on the phone!

Tires/Rims: The truck came with Toyo MT 33's on 20 inch rims... I will keep these for now because they still have some good tread left. Any suggestions on some upgrades in the future? I'm thinking 35's will fit nicely under the lift. Pro Comp or Toyo again?

Performance: The truck came with a K&N CAI as well as a Magna Flow exhaust. I'm not sure what series exhaust but it was with the truck so I'm not complaining. I'm really wanting to buy the Bully Dog Triple Dog GT. I have read some great things about this programmer.

Truck use: I live in Utah and there is a lot of off roading to be done! 30 minutes from me there is a large chunk of public land that people go to year round. After talking to Greg I think I am set on the suspension side of things. I am more looking for performance upgrades. I have the CAI and Exhaust and will be adding the Programmer soon... any other suggestions?

I'm also open to brake, drivetrain, etc... suggestions! Thanks for providing a great forum to discuss the kick *** Titan!

Oh it was also nice to find out the previous owner runs an oil change shop so only synthetic has gone through the truck. He bought the truck in 2006 when it was a year old and ended up replacing the rear axle. Other than that he said he took good care of it and had no issues. I replaced the front brake pads but other than that is has been great! Current mileage is 70,000. I am thinking about new tranny fluid and rear diff fluid just to be safe... thanks again to all the members for any suggestions!

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
I would use Amsoil Universal Automatic Transmission Fluid (it is synthetic and meets all Nissan specs) and Amsoil synthetic 75W140 in the differential.
Your weakest link is probably the differential. You may want to look into installing the Tru Trac.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will look into that... I also checked and I do have the BT package (Extending mirrors, Tranny temp gauge)... 3.36 gears correct? Should be nice when I upgrade to 35's... What would be the best place to get the Tru Trac? Is the transfer case in titans pretty beefy?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
There are several places to get the Tru-Trac. You can do a search here or Google for a source.

·
Registered
746 Posts
For a 1/2 ton our trucks are pretty beefy... So to speak. Truetrac would be a great upgrade in addition with Transgo. Also look in to MagHytec, PML, or Stillen for their differential covers.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
The PML transmission pan is another great upgrade.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Definitely do the tru trac! Got mine done with the mag-hytec cover. Super nice setup. Hardly notice it it when driving on the streets, but definitely notice it off of them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts