Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of the Utili-Trac Overhead Racks that I have never used do to the fact that I would loose my Truxedo bed cover to do so. I have recently purchased 2 11' Perception Kayaks that I am looking into using the Utili-Trac Overhead Racks to haul them. I seem to be running into a dead end so far as how or what racks/carriers can be used in conjunction with the OEM racks. I was sure at one time I remembered that Nissan sold kayak carriers for the OEM racks but I can not find them anywhere.

Does anybody on here use them for their kayaks? If so how do you make it work? I am really stumped on this one and all help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Looks right. I think Yakima may be the OEM for our stuff, I recall it is a major known mfg.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just went to Yakima site and they have no items listed for the titan

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
I thought I saw somewhere (long ways back tho) that Thule had something compatible for your needs......

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I am going to go with these, I can make them work with my Oem bars.

I will just need to make the 2 clamp bars that go on top/bottom of my bars a little bigger

·
Registered
99 Posts
All of the Yakima accessories that Nissan and Infiniti sells are not vehicle specific. What you will need are either verticle or horizontal mighty mounts from Yakima.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All of the Yakima accessories that Nissan and Infiniti sells are not vehicle specific. What you will need are either verticle or horizontal mighty mounts from Yakima.
Yeah, I knew that, just did not know which I would need. Not to mention the price of the Yakima products are insane!!!!! I think with just a little modification I will be very happy with what I posted above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts