Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if a volant air intake and a gibson single will get back some power loss after I install the lift and 35s. Does anyone have this combo. Im still learning to surf this site so if this is a dead topic Im sorry. Thanks. cant wait to pick my titan up.

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Man these other sites have you paranoid. Don't worry about asking questions!! It will definitally help that's for sure by what I have read. I haven't done them YET but I'm makeing my B-day wish list and I'm sure my honey will grant some of them.

Volant seems to be very popular among Titan drivers. I have heard nothing but good. And when placed with aftermarket exhuast it's supposed to be pretty awesome!

P.S. I still hate you for having a 4X4 lifted!!! (jealous) :roll:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
intake and exhaust

Dont hate me yet. I pick up the truck on saturday I hope and it goes to the shop the following Saturday. Man I can not wait. I live in a small town where the big 3(dodge,chevy,ford)rule. I have a nissan pathfinder with 221,000 mi. The choice was already made for me. Thanks

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I have the Volant and Gibson set up. Love it :D

A couple folks have had some issues with the Volant rattling so check it out so that if that happens, you can figure out what to do. (Others seem to prefer the Brute Force AEM.)

I had a Nissan Pathfinder with a similar set up. Gave me great HP and then I changed out to beefier tires and felt like I was driving with flippers on!

The stock rims are pretty heavy so if you change out tires and rims, spend the money on a set of Mickey Thompsons or similar that are lighter/stronger. You'll get your HP back!

Mike

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just picked my Titan after trading in my 02 Chevy trailblazer. I use to get a really bad vibration in the dash followed by a rattle with the volant intake. I lived with it for awhile and one day I just got over the fear of over tightening and cracking the plastic tube and whoila, no more rattling. I think the plastic they use is very sensitive to being "loose" and the vibration transmits into the cabin pretty easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts