Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my CAI and Ram Air Scoop. Each box contains what I view as a parts list that was labelled "installation instructions". I haven't dug into it yet but some obvious issues are the order in which items are installed and the two hose connections and my oxygen sensor(?) that would now appear to have no place to go. Am I missing something here?????

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link BiXLL, is there anything that helps with installing the Ram Air? I had to modify my box to allow for the rear bracket that held the original box. I notched a slot in it so that the new box would go back far enough to align the mounting bolt and also the air intake.

G

·
I just got my ram tube a couple of weeks ago, and it has been snowing since. It is still sitting on the bench in the garage. I plan on adding to the article when I get it installed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
StompS - Did you get your Volant as part of the group buy through SoCal Motorsports?

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can also call Volant & talk to Daniel or Hector. They'll answer any questions for you. They helped me. Great folks!

;^)
P.C. :amazing:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered mione through hyperformance.com(I think that's the site). I just found out that I was inadvertantly shipped the old Ram Air Tube. Make note that the new Ram Air Tube is a one piece assembly. The old tube is a two-piece. Save yourself some hassle if you have the two piece and you don't have an SE model.....

·
Registered
721 Posts
Does anybody know if/where you can get just the Volant Ram air scoop?

G

·
socalmotorsports (one of our sponsors) has them. I am not absolutly sure, but think they are $115.00 shipped?????

·
Registered
20 Posts
BiXll,
Just wondering what the actual increase in gas mileage is that you are getting with the Volant? I bought my 2005 LE 4X4 at the beginning of February. I have been getting 12 mpg. I don't put on a lot of miles, but if I get enough of an improvement, I would consider it. Also, can someone on Club Titan still get a good price on it by mentioning the club?

Thanks,
Russ

G

·
mfaphoto said:
BiXll,
Just wondering what the actual increase in gas mileage is that you are getting with the Volant? I bought my 2005 LE 4X4 at the beginning of February. I have been getting 12 mpg. I don't put on a lot of miles, but if I get enough of an improvement, I would consider it. Also, can someone on Club Titan still get a good price on it by mentioning the club?

Thanks,
Russ
I can't really give you an answer for gas mileage, I have been running winter fuel, and allow the truck to warm up a lot since I put the remote start on. So far as price on Volant, I could try to get you the group buy price, but I make no promises.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey BiXLL

Have you had time to install that Ram tube? I just saw another post that says Volant is looking for a 4X4 Titan so it can design it's ram air tube. I saw you had the tube and a 4X4 and was wondering if you ran into install problems.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah ....

I'm sort of wondering the same thing ....

Just got my CAI and tube ... for my 4X4 ....

And I'm wondering how screwed I am ... lol ...

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts