Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I have a Volant CAI that I took off my '08 (got a Banks)!

It's in pretty good shape. The filter could use a cleaning but other than that it's ok.

The box has a pad attached to it to reduce the fender vibration and I put a heat wrap on the tube (don't know if it works but it's on it). I also painted the cover black.

Looking for $150.00 shipped. To lower 48!!!

OBO!!!

***SOLD***

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Why didn't you get the RAM Air intake for the Volant? I almost bought one with the Power Core this weekend, but couldn't spend the $300. Hummm.... Seriously, what's the difference between your Volant and the Banks? I was almost sold on the Volant, but now...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
How did it perform for you personally? Did it have a swooshing sound when giving it some engine revs, can you hear the thing sucking air i guess is what Im asking? Sorry for asking so many questions but Im interested.

·
Registered
400 Posts
How did it perform for you personally? Did it have a swooshing sound when giving it some engine revs, can you hear the thing sucking air i guess is what Im asking? Sorry for asking so many questions but Im interested.
Hey, I'm interested too! Trying to bogart my CAI, Lol

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest when its got a freshly cleaned filter you can hear it pulling air and the throttle response was better but with my TBS (whistles) and exhaust it's hard to tell how loud it really got.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
@ scotty--Wasnt trying to step on any toes...but on your first post it sounded like you had second thoughts. Sorry dude.

·
Registered
400 Posts
@ scotty--Wasnt trying to step on any toes...but on your first post it sounded like you had second thoughts. Sorry dude.
I'm sorry I was kidding. No toes stepped on here .

·
Registered
400 Posts
To be honest when its got a freshly cleaned filter you can hear it pulling air and the throttle response was better but with my TBS (whistles) and exhaust it's hard to tell how loud it really got.
Why did you swap over the banks ?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
@LHT--Thanks for the info. A friend of mine has one in his QX56 and he said it made a he!! of a difference sound wise, but he doesnt have an exhaust yet also.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a bad habit of trying other items out for a while. I've had the stock with airbox mod, the NISMO, Volant, and now the Banks. I haven't been disappointed with any of them just like to change things up every now and then.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So which did you like the best? Which would you say gave you the most low end pickup? Which improved gas mileage the most?
Performance wise they seem to be about the same. I seem to have gotten better gas mileage from the Volant or I just developed a heavier foot with the Banks. The Banks also seems to be a little bit quieter although I still get the dash vibration under heavy acceleration.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I don't know. Maybe I'll stay stock. I think I'm out. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Do I have 2nd dibs now?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Do I have 2nd dibs now?
LOL, I'm pretty sure whoever gives him $150 will have dibbs ;) I actually pulled the tigger on the Injen Power CAI today. Cost me $375, but it was the one I really wanted. Make him an offer and snatch it up :thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Yeah that Ingen is a nice looking unit. Good luck with it.

Back on topic, LHT, PM sent. :)

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump to the top!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.