Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i think im ready to pull the trigger on a leveling kit. Ive read alot about the topic but got a few things to clear up....

I know that on my '08 it sits higher than previous years. Now, ive read that PRG has the 1.5" kit because of the stock height that its at, but NCD has a 2" kit for 2004-2010 also. Just wondering how much of a difference that 1/2 inch will do. Cost wise its cheaper to go with NCD but it just has me wondering if it will affect any of the other components.

Im not much of a mechanic so i kinda skeptical about installing it myself. With that in mind, from a 1-5 scale(5 being hardest) what would you say the knowledge of installing a kit would be. Ive seen some pics of installs but im not sure if i can tackle this myself without screwing up something.

All the pics i see of leveled out Ts just has me thinking why didnt Nissan do this in the first place.

This has been a great site for info about our Ts so i look forward with your suggestions and comments.

Mahalo!!!!

·
Vendor
39 Posts
I know that Trail Master Suspension makes a 2" coil spring spacer leveling kit that will work with your truck.

from the link i attached you can take a look at the kit. also on that page there is detailed instalation instructions whic will help you decide if its a project for you or a local shop. there is also a dealer locator tab that you can use to find a shop near you that carries this kit.

and the reason trucks arent leveled by the manufacturer is because they are expected to carry heavy pay loads which when utilized lowers the truck bed.

http://trailmastersuspension.com/details.php?Application=Nissan&Part_Number=NL220&Title=NISSAN COIL SPRING SPACER LEVELING KIT &Active=Yes

hope this helps

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
If you over-compensate by putting in too much spacer then you'll have the UCA (upper control arm) contacting the coil bucket frequently which will cause noise. Even with the correct spacer (I wouldn't deviate from what PRG recommends for your model year) you are likely to have some contact with the coil bucket. To eliminate that you have to put in a new UCA (PRG makes one of course) and as long as you're doing that you might as well put in adjustable coilovers and you don't need that spacer at all. But that's a lot of money.

An alternative is to leave the front alone and lower the rear end slightly using the (PRG again) adjustable leaf spring shackles. This is a less expensive solution that is way easier to install.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have and recommend PRG 1 1/2" leveling kit. I have a 08 PRO4X and would not want it 1/2" taller as it would be nose high. Any load in the back and the headlights will be pointing in the trees. I added air bags in the back to keep it level when loaded.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
amtitan808, you might want to look around on the forum and see what other '08's are doing. Be careful about what vendor you use. A certain vendor/sponsor that was recently added to the forum (not the one that posted in this thread as they only carry step bars for the Titan) lists the same leveling kit spacer for '04 through '10 models. That isn't right as a search of the forum should show you that the more recent models will have problems with the larger spacer.

I don't mean to be a shill for PRG Products but they have done a good job of researching and actually using the products they sell. In some cases their products are ones that they manufacture. Go here to get the straight poop: http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/prg_titan_leveling_kit/

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
amtitan808, you might want to look around on the forum and see what other '08's are doing. Be careful about what vendor you use. A certain vendor/sponsor that was recently added to the forum (not the one that posted in this thread as they only carry step bars for the Titan) lists the same leveling kit spacer for '04 through '10 models. That isn't right as a search of the forum should show you that the more recent models will have problems with the larger spacer.

I don't mean to be a shill for PRG Products but they have done a good job of researching and actually using the products they sell. In some cases their products are ones that they manufacture. Go here to get the straight poop: http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/prg_titan_leveling_kit/
Well ive been really looking at PRGs leveling kit and ive come to understand that they are one of the best out there. Ive read alot of threads here pointing to the 1.5 spacers for my '08. Quality looks like its there, so in that sense, more than likely ill be ordering from them. Ive also seen some threads on installations and it looks like ill be letting someone else do the install.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What's up Hawaiian, I say don't touch the front. You'll prolly have to get a alignment done and that puts the price up at least another 100 bucks. Drop the back down. Maybe try remove a leaf so you can see if you like it before you spend any money. Also to help with the ride you could get some better shocks in the rear.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with both HRT & 808G, as it will be a lot less expensive to drop the rear, but i would like to raise the the front because of the more aggressive look id like to get and ive been planning on getting bigger tires for my 20s. I know with just an adjustment height to the front it will be a different looking beast IMO.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Going to have to raise the front then.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought a 3" leveling kit off eBay and installed it myself in about an hour if that. It looks great by I have a 2007

1 - 10 of 10 Posts