Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i am new here i just bought my 04 4dr LE 4x4 last week. it already has a banks exhaust,cattle pusher :), and 20's with nitto terra grapplers. 305/70?/r20s ( is that close or equal to a 33?) but anyway due to the nice beefy tires on there i want to install a leveling kit. i would like to go with a 3" kit. will that work? 3 front and 1.5 rear? i dont want to cause other issues other then needing an alignment.

thanks in advance!

chris

·
Registered
122 Posts
i have a 3" leveling kit on my ride and it didnt cause any problems. i have an 07 se, but i dont think that would make to much difference as to the same issues. it looks great to, i didnt get an alignment until i put the body lift on, but you may need to when you do the leveling kit. hope this helps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is yourtruck 4x4?

I read something about poppin a clip or somthing off the front axle if you go higher then a 2" due to wheel travel. Idk how true it is. The 2wd is not affected

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think your talking about the clip that is supposed to hold the axle in. I actually had that happen to me with my 05 4wd when I was installing the level kit but I just pushed the axle back in and it hasnt leaked a drop. Nissan has a junk axle clip in the half shaft of the front diff.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Idk. That sounds very scetchy.

What would you guys recommend level size be.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
hi guys i am new here i just bought my 04 4dr LE 4x4 last week. it already has a banks exhaust,cattle pusher :), and 20's with nitto terra grapplers. 305/70?/r20s ( is that close or equal to a 33?) but anyway due to the nice beefy tires on there i want to install a leveling kit. i would like to go with a 3" kit. will that work? 3 front and 1.5 rear? i dont want to cause other issues other then needing an alignment.

thanks in advance!

chris
305/70-20 would put you close to a 37" x 12" tire!! I can't imagine you being able to fit that without some kind of lift on already. Are you sure that you have the tire size right?? A 33" would be a 305/55-20

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
305/55/20 is correct sorry about that I was unsure and didn't run and check before I wrote that.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
305/55/20 is correct sorry about that I was unsure and didn't run and check before I wrote that.
No worries. I think your first step is to check your rake right now. Take a measuring tape and measure from the highest point of your tire to the fender straight above it. Do this for both the front and the back. My guess with the extra weight of the grill guard, your front is going to be at least 2.5 inches lower. That will help you determine how much height you need to level out the front. This will help you determine what lift you need as well. Prgproducts.com is my recommendation regardless which way you go.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its 3.75 front and 7.25 rear. I want to do 3 in the front but am scared if I may pop things out of place

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Its 3.75 front and 7.25 rear. I want to do 3 in the front but am scared if I may pop things out of place
I personally would just go with a 2.5 inch leveling spacer up front. Are you trying to fit bigger tires or just want to be taller??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just want to be taller. i like where the rear is but the front is just to low. im thinking 2.5 too. i just don't want issues with popin axles or whatever.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will I have issues getting a good alignment going with 2.5

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not sure what that means??? this is my first rig. i was in the car sceen before this and dont know poop about lifts and truck suspension

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
not sure what that means??? this is my first rig. i was in the car sceen before this and dont know poop about lifts and truck suspension
Anytime you lift a truck's front end whether it be a half inch or 10 inches you need to go to an alignment shop. The toe in alignment can be adjusted yourself to make things manageable to get there but you still need to go to one. They will fix it regardless of lift or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts