Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please read!! True Story

I took my titan in to my local dealership because the AT light came on and when I tried to move truck, it just revved and didnt move. This happened while in my driveway which is at most on a 10% slope. After a few minutes the AT light went out and it started driving normally and I then had it taken to dealer. An hour or so later I get a call to come pick truck up everything is okay. I ask what they found and their response was "nothing, it didnt do it to us" :roll: I said well it did it to me and here is where the warning comes in. The General Manager advised me that his mechanic said that maybe since my driveway is on slope, all the fluid rushed to one end causing the problem!! SO people, according to JEnkins Nissan in Lakeland, FL do NOT drive up and down hills or inclines, your transmission may not work.!!! :roll:

By the way, I told the GM that it was insulting to even tell me that and if his mechanic really did say this he needs to be fired. I am pretty sure Nissan has figured out a way to engineer a vehicle that is capable of going up and down hills and transmission still work. He said "we are just taking guesses".Oh great!!!

So yes I have FINALLY learned my lesson, time to shop for a new service department even if it is 2 hours away. Sigh.

Thanks for letting me vent and no worries I think you all can still go up and down hills with no problems.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Re: Warning light

I am sorry to hear of your dealership frustration, which in fact, used to happen to me at Ford. Instead of taking it two hours away, I would insist that the conditions be duplicated by the delership and try, once again, to pinpoint the problem. One good thing is, hopefully, it is still under 3/36 warranty and that if anything goes wrong, you have the dealerships lack of initiative in writing!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
If it happens again call them and tell them to come get it and bring a loaner car with them.

·
Registered
791 Posts
CaptainBay3000 said:
If it happens again call them and tell them to come get it and bring a loaner car with them.
My thoughts exactly! I also thought you should park the truck on a really big incline and see if that will duplicate things. If you have a set of ramps, put them in your drive and pull the front tires up on the ramps so you really have the nose in the air and see if it does it again. I doubt it. Sounds like possibly you have valve body problems since you said it went from not moving to being just fine. Maybe the shifter linkage (If the Titan has that) or whatever solenoid on the tranny makes the inputs. Definately not the major internals if it will operate fine at will.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Mike, have you had a chance to check the ATF level? The only thing I can think of that would cause this is your ATF level is low and it took the pump a few minutes to build enough pressure to engage the clutch packs. This is just a guess too but it sure sounds better then theirs... :evil: Get ta heck away from that dealership man, it sounds like all they have working there are uninformed misfits or past Yugo mechanics.. :lol:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dale, its my own damn fault. They keep offering me a loaner when I bring it in so I keep convincing myself "this time they will get it right". Should have learned my lesson a long time ago.

I did tell the GM that I need to go to North Carolina. He asked why and I said "with all the hills there, there must be titans on the side of road all over the place!!" He didn't laugh (neither did I). This dealership is a joke. If i had a couple hours I could write a book on the blunders I have dealt with in last 6 months.

I plan on checking out fluid levels tommorow, right now it is just sitting in my garage. And by the way, they didnt check it because........(drum roll) ..the transmission acted fine for them!! :x

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did notice today that there is a TSB for transmission not engaging. Something to do with corrosion on a terminal (they show pic of it). I might climb under and check that out as well.

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
This might be the same corroded electrical part that messed up my first Titan's tranny. Within the first 30 miles, 1st gear didn't exist. It was like the truck was taking off in 2nd gear, cause once it got past 15mph, all was good. Nissan service "Gurus" in California told my dealership to change the tranny and not worry about trouble shooting. Dealership offered to do that or give me a totally new truck. I opted for the truck. Got me the Off-road package for free. I like my dealership.

·
Registered
100 Posts
this happened to me as well and i was getting onto the high way and i had to liek foor the damn thing to get it to even move and i immediatly took it to the dealship to find out wha tthe crap was wrong

apparently (or atleast they told me) a governer chip or something of that nature blew and woudl only act up when it was cold causing it to not hardly move when you press the gass where as in normal times the road would be smoking from how far down the gas pedal was

·
Registered
14 Posts
Get away from that dealer and don't let them touch your truck! Wow no driving on hills what reasoning ability!

·
Registered
40 Posts
"I'm sorry sir, we can't sell you a Titan unless you can verify that you come from a flat state. Perhaps Iowa or somewhere out west"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts