Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Five days ago, I parked my truck toreplace a missing caliper bolt (2nd one to fall out in 3 months). After I was finished, I tried to start my truck and got only a faint click when I turned the key to start. The battery showed about 12.5 volts on my volt meter. I put the charger on the battery until it shut off. The battery still showed only 12.7 or 12.8 volts. I took the battery (which was already 6 months past warranty period) to be checked and it tested good.

In a video, I watch a guy replace a starter relay. This relay was one of four in my fuse/relay box under the hood that was not listed in the diagram on the box cover. I waited until Monday and I went to Nissan and bought one and installed it. Still wouldn’t start.

I replaced the battery and tried jump starting and it still only clicked. I went back to AutoZone and bought a new Duralast battery. With the new battery, it still would not turn over. I put the charger on the new battery until it shut off (about 15-20 minutes). With a fully charged, new battery, it still wouldn’t turn over. Now, I am worried that the problem is with the starter solenoid which will be expensive to fix due to labor involved. Just for the heck of it, throughout the afternoon, I tried to start the truck several times. After several unsuccessful attempts, it finally turned over and started. I drove it to make sure my brake problem was fixed with the installation of the new bolt (with locktite on it). It was OK. Over the next day or two I started the truck again a few times just to make sure it was still working. Now, I am worried that it may fail again while I am away from home. I am also concerned that the problem may be ECM related. Has anyone else had this problem?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts