Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was outside and a dog had gotten in the trash and dragged out a pizza box. I picked it up and went to throw it away. When I got to the trash can I felt a pin prick on my hand. I looked down and there were about 30 ants on my hand and arm. I quickly brushed them off but not before I was bitten about 10 to 15 times. Today my hand is killing me itching and swelled its very hard to type or do anything. I have taken some Benadryl and put Caldryl cram on it but nothing seems to help. If you know what to do let me know. I am going crazy from the itching.
M4ck

G

·
0 Posts
Use ammonia. There is a "stick" that you can get at drug stores/grocery stores that is designed for bites that's just made up mostly of ammonia. Works great for bee stings so it should help you out with the ant bites.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not yet if I wake up early I will go get some. I didn't feel like stopping at the store this morning on the way home from work. Its not really hurting soo bad anymore. It's just itching like mad now. I think I have taken 2 layers of skin off so far. Maybe I will wake up and it will be all better this afternoon.
M4ck

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ant bites

I've always sprayed hairspray on mosquito bites to keep from scratching them. Maybe it will work for ant bites. Only suck thing about it is that your skin is all sticky and if you sweat its pretty much useless.

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Now that you mention it, the wife always had something called "bitestick" when we were camping. I think it is good for all insect bites.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A paste of Adolph's Meat Tenderizer and water will help break down the enzyme in the bite. Keep using the Benadryl too; it'll help block histamine production. The topical creme may be sufficient, without causing drowseyness.

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a little update for ya. On Tuesday morning when I got home from work. I sat down on the couch and got on the laptop. While making a post in the forums I felt a sharp stick in my lower back. I thought somehow my shirt had pulled a hair. I readjusted myself on the couch and began to type again. Well I felt it again. This time I knew it wasn't a hair being pulled. I got up went to the bathroom looked at my back in the mirror. There was a big red spot. Hmm so I go back to the couch and look to see if the wife had dropped a needle or pin on the couch. Nope couldn't find anything. I move the couch and there it is. A BigO yellow jacket. Somehow he must have gotten on me when I went into the house then I had sat back against him on the couch. Well apparently he didnt like it too much. He figured out how to get me off him, but didnt do him much good though since he is now dead. About 30 minutes later I started itching really bad and started having hives come up all over me. Then it got worse and turned into large welps. It really got me worried. I had never had any kind of reaction like this. My wife called our doctor and she said I should call 911 and get an ambulance. Well I being the macho man I am say no. I call my dad to come get me and take me to the hospital instead. I wound up waiting for 4 hours all swelled up and miserable before anyone saw me. After they gave me some kinda shot and some pills to take I started feeling better. By the time I got home It was all gone and no more itch. Even my hand was feeling better. It is now thursday morning and I feel just fine . I do have to go to the dermitoligist and get checked to see if I need to carry some kind of Pen with me that is a shot. If I get stung again they say it may be worse next time. Well just thought I would let you all know what has happened to me in the last couple days. Hopefully I will not have anymore run ins with the local insect population. They apparently have it in for me. Guess I shouldn't have pulled all the butts off those fire flies when I was a wee lad.
LOL
M4ck

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Glad it worked out in the end you "macho" thing! There are a lot of people that really have serious problems with bee stings, guess you have joined their ranks! Guess maybe you better not take on any of those Rumble Bees!

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not worried about those rumble bees. I hear they don't have any "stinger".
LOL
M4ck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts