Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to ask this question for a few weeks. When the truck is idleing it makes a ticking sound under the hood, sounds like a relay. Anyone know what this is?

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Mine has a tick as well. It runs fine and I have no problems with it but it does tick.
M4ck

·
SHIFT_I did it the hard way... I earned it.
4,341 Posts
Could be coming from any number of sources and is probably just fine. With so many moving parts (Steering pump, alternator, A/C pulley...) it would be hard to nail down. Every machine makes noise. As long as it doesn't change, it's good. Think of it as your TITAN's heartbeat.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Im just glad my Titan idles at the same even speed. My Mustang would idle real fast then almost die sputter and shake then finally idle at the correct speed. The guys at ford could never duplicate the problem ( yea right). So I just put up with it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mine does the same thing.I took it in to the dealer and they checked it out and told me it was nothing to worry about. The more miles I put on it the less the ticking is.Kind of Anoying though.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
might be the TSB #04124
it has something to do with a ticking from a/c system solenoid valve and service port. shows you the part that causes the ticking and how to tell if you have the new version of the part

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked at 04124, it says it's for a knocking sound.

My truck just makes a steady tick.

I think I'll still have the dealer check the truck for the 04124 TSB though.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I guess instead of a Toyota tick, we've got a Nissan nick. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts