Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very glad to see this one on the growing track, but wonder why it is. There is another Club Titan, ClubTitan.net that has a very good looking format that just never took off. I can't figure out why a lot of start up sites that appear to have a very good format, not make it, when you have some very outdated formats that do. Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I would have to agree. We seem to have a mature base to start with and I believe its keeping things going the right way. We aren't growing fast but we are steady. All in all I'm very pleased with the way things are progressing here. I hope to have some type of give-away in the coming months. Probably will start off with some type of T-shirt or hat deal then hopefully progress from there. We will just have to wait and see.
M4ck

·
Registered
255 Posts
I for one really am really happy Dale (jettech) gave me the link. Main reason is as mentioned above, still havent seen one thread go sour as they often do elsewhere. Just a bunch of guys (maybe gals as well?) talking about the trucks we love. Hats off to you Josh.
And since you mentioned it, if you can come up with a way to promote with a giveaway, I will donate a modest prize (maybe like some oil filters or 303 shipped to winner). No Bixll, no volant for you!!!!!!!! :lol: I know you are itching to do some engine mods!!

G

·
0 Posts
What makes a site successful? Easy, it's 50% members and 50% mods/admins. A site can only be as good as the content it contains. Controlling what material is allowed/displayed requires strict supervision and enforcement of site rules. You allow a site to get out of hand and you will lose members who are here to learn as well as teach. As mentioned earlier, site layout is important but not as important as having members who are knowledgeable and contribute to the site.

-Bryan

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Bixll, no volant for you!!!!!!!! I know you are itching to do some engine mods
OK Mike, I'll settle for a Flowmaster?? :D

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I have flowmaster but there is no way its getting given away. LOL ...I really want this site to do well but I don't think me giving away my exhaust would make the wife too happy. You know she just loves that exhaust sooo much. She would never let me part with it. If it weren't for her I would do it in a second.
Yeh Right
M4ck

G

·
0 Posts
Another forum idea is to have individual members do a "karma" giveaway. I see this done on one of the gun forums I frequent, and it is quite poular. The way it works, is a member posts something he has, and no longer needs, such as a holster, or other part he has laying around. Anybody that wants to be included in the drawing posts his request to be entered. Then the sponsoring poster draws the name, and sends the item! We could easily addapt this to our Titans, and have some fun with it!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Slurppie said:
What makes a site successful? Easy, it's 50% members and 50% mods/admins. A site can only be as good as the content it contains. Controlling what material is allowed/displayed requires strict supervision and enforcement of site rules. You allow a site to get out of hand and you will lose members who are here to learn as well as teach. As mentioned earlier, site layout is important but not as important as having members who are knowledgeable and contribute to the site.

-Bryan
Couldn't have said it better. He hit it right on the money...site is awesome. Word will spread, we'll have more members. Remember, alot of people don't buy a vehicle in its first year. I see alot more people buying Titans in '05. I just like the fact right now, I'm not driving around in a "me too" car!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Slurppie said:

-Bryan
I see that this thought process has been thrown out the window. This was probably before Rossi huh?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
chefbob said:
I see that this thought process has been thrown out the window. This was probably before Rossi huh?
Funny thing chef, slurppie did write that before rossi and I arrived.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have flowmaster but there is no way its getting given away. LOL ...I really want this site to do well but I don't think me giving away my exhaust would make the wife too happy. You know she just loves that exhaust sooo much. She would never let me part with it. If it weren't for her I would do it in a second.
Yeh Right
M4ck
:rofl: :happy: :rofl:

G

·
0 Posts
buddah and Jaysplay, why am I seeing your signatures in the posts, I have pics disabled! What are you doing to bypass this option?

G

·
0 Posts
littlebuddha19 said:
BiXLL said:
buddah and Jaysplay, why am I seeing your signatures in the posts, I have pics disabled! What are you doing to bypass this option?

Ummm I guess that we're special. :lol: Don't know
Not for me! Its the HUGE ones like that, that made us initially think about limiting the size, then we installed the option of blocking them instead. Now I am seeing it anyway, maybe we need to go back to the size limit theory?????

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
BiXLL said:
littlebuddha19 said:
BiXLL said:

Not for me! Its the HUGE ones like that, that made us initially think about limiting the size, then we installed the option of blocking them instead. Now I am seeing it anyway, maybe we need to go back to the size limit theory?????
Guessing you have dial-up.....

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
littlebuddha19 said:
BiXLL said:
littlebuddha19 said:
BiXLL said:

Guessing you have dial-up.....
I did a test & I can block it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts