Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering which trim comes with EDL(electronic lock differential) on the rear?
Is it only available for the off-road package?
or does the LE has it too??

·
Registered
117 Posts
It is only available as part of the off road package on trucks made afer may 2004. I do not know if it is available on XE models but Se and LE models with off road and big tow will have it. Have to have big tow to get off road package. 8)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May I ask what's the difference in comparison to the regular differential??

·
Registered
117 Posts
The on road maners are the same as it is an open diff until locked. The tow ratings are the same so the strength should be comparable. Both off road and non off road will have the brake activated limited slip so traction is graet even without the locker. The locker can only be used in 4-low and should unlock at 12 MPH by how my manual reads. The limited slip works well but if you go across a ditch or something and get one back tire in the air it will spin. The locker will make both the tire in the air and the one on the ground turn keeping you moving. 8) The locker is something most will use seldom if ever but it is good insurance to help keep you from getting stuck. Or if used to get into that favorite fishing hole before you get stuck it will make sure you are far beyond the reach of a regular tow truck. 8)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the great info.
I heard that it's one of the neccesary things to have if u planning on going off-road.
I didn't have the off-road package but soon will be converting into off-road myself.

Does the rancho shocks from the offroad package fit the non-off road package?Does they sell seperately at the dealer??

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I've got the Off-road pkg. on my 4x2. I THINK all the Titans are fairly Universal.
Finding parts,...now THAT'S another Story, unfortuneately, might try EBAY, or check the For Sale/Trade section to see if others have what you're looking for.

Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts