Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you have any ideas, links, products to see pls let me know.
i wanna protect my bed but i can't spend a lot :cry:
thanks

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
alohaarg said:
if you have any ideas, links, products to see pls let me know.
i wanna protect my bed but i can't spend a lot :cry:
thanks
Not sure I understand what you mean. Are you interested in something to protect the metal from scratching like a bed liner or do you mean a cover or cap.
If you mean you want bed cover or cap then look at this post from Firecracker http://www.clubtitan.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=107
If you mean a liner of some sort and you want cheap there are pleanty of drop in plastic liners or spray in brands like Rhino or Line-X those are the 2 I would look into.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
I'm pretty sure you want to have this done professionally I wouldnt try it unless you have the right equipment and know how. You could wind up with a real mess if you didnt prepare properly. I think you can get a rhino liner for around $200 or so.
M4ck

·
Registered
36 Posts
M4ck is right. In either case, Rhino or Line-x, I would not even attempt to spray the stuff myself. I have had both products and prefer the Line-x. It is a little higher than the Rhino, but a better product IMO. Check the Line-x website. They may have a coupon you can use.
John

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Spray on liners are nice, but I think around $400. My Nissan hard plastic drop-in works well for me, and rust build-up beneath it will not be too much of a problem in So Cal. Don't use the do-it-yourself stuff unless you have a very steady hand and the patience to apply multiple coats of it.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Caltitan said:
Spray on liners are nice, but I think around $400. My Nissan hard plastic drop-in works well for me, and rust build-up beneath it will not be too much of a problem in So Cal. Don't use the do-it-yourself stuff unless you have a very steady hand and the patience to apply multiple coats of it.
With a drop in liner you can spray the metal with a protectant then put the liner back in, that will keep the moisture from causing any ill effects.

I'm trying to think of a water displacing, corrosion preventative compound that's readily available....hmmm I'll have to see what's available, sure wish the stuff I use on aircraft was available to the public!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts