Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site and a new Titan owner..just bought a 2008 red Crew Cab..in the beginning stages of doing a bunch of mods..I bought some 325/65R18 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs and just ordered some ballistic jester wheels from discount..my question is what size lift am I going to need to clear those tires? I don't mind doing the PWM to get rid of minimal rubbing. I have seen a bunch of different opinions of what lift will fit and what lift wont. I'm trying to avoid going to a 6 inch lift if at all possible. Interested to see what kind of opinions you guys have seen or would recommend going with? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Tire size and lift

New to the site and a new Titan owner..just bought a 2008 red Crew Cab..in the beginning stages of doing a bunch of mods..I bought some 325/65R18 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs and just ordered some ballistic jester wheels from discount..my question is what size lift am I going to need to clear those tires? I don't mind doing the PWM to get rid of minimal rubbing. I have seen a bunch of different opinions of what lift will fit and what lift wont. I'm trying to avoid going to a 6 inch lift if at all possible. Interested to see what kind of opinions you guys have seen or would recommend going with? Thanks!!
Welcome aboard.

By all means, the PWM is a must.

As far as lift, you won't need more than 4".

·
Registered
188 Posts
The jesters have a fairly aggressive offset if overmanned correctly, meaning you will have rubbing issues even with a level kit and the pwm. If you stay with the oem rims or some aftermarket that has the same or extremely close to the same offset you will clear the tires with the leveling kit and pwm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Cayers..unfortunately I already ordered the Jesters..having a red T and the red ring on the jesters made me pull the trigger..do you think a 4 inch lift would clear them? I thought about selling the MTZs for smaller tires but I love the look of them. Thanks!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks real good man..thanks for the info..unfortunately I already bought the tires because I got a steal on them. I may just have to unload them and get some smaller tires..thanks again

·
Registered
71 Posts
how can anyone tell if OP never posted up actual size of the rim.... All I got was that it was 18s from the tire size..

what about offset or backspacing? Does that not play a part in making sure you dont "rub"?

anyway, Im on 305/65/18 with a 18x9.5 (+12) all around and I still rub with a 3 inch lift.. I still need to do the PWM though..

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Looks real good man..thanks for the info..unfortunately I already bought the tires because I got a steal on them. I may just have to unload them and get some smaller tires..thanks again
Need offset and backspacing of new wheel and year and drivetrain of your T.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts