Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8O "Service Engine Soon" light came on this evening!! Gonna try and get by the dealer Sat. I did get gas today, maybe I just didn't tighten the cap good. Then again, I also put that K&N Filter in today, I hope THAT didn't cause it, However, IT is REMOVED now! I suppose I'll see, huh?

Man, I feel stupid............. :oops: :cry:
 

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
Joined
·
1,988 Posts
I was goin down the highway yesterday and beeeeeeep.
What the hell is wrong with my Titan?????
My manual was at home so I had to wait to see what it was~~~~~Low Tire~~~~~ And I was panicing :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,599 Posts
baja220 said:
I was goin down the highway yesterday and beeeeeeep.
What the hell is wrong with my Titan?????
My manual was at home so I had to wait to see what it was~~~~~Low Tire~~~~~ And I was panicing :oops:
I had that happen as well. Even thought they are not supposed to sound until the tire hits 28psi or below it seems that 32psi is the magical number from what I've found.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
firecracker said:
8O "Service Engine Soon" light came on this evening!! Gonna try and get by the dealer Sat. I did get gas today, maybe I just didn't tighten the cap good. Then again, I also put that K&N Filter in today, I hope THAT didn't cause it, However, IT is REMOVED now! I suppose I'll see, huh?

Man, I feel stupid............. :oops: :cry:
keep us posted Firecracker. I hope its nothing to do with the filter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
Slurppie said:
baja220 said:
I was goin down the highway yesterday and beeeeeeep.
What the hell is wrong with my Titan?????
My manual was at home so I had to wait to see what it was~~~~~Low Tire~~~~~ And I was panicing :oops:
I had that happen as well. Even thought they are not supposed to sound until the tire hits 28psi or below it seems that 32psi is the magical number from what I've found.
My low tire pressure alarm has gone off three times in the last 6 weeks (two nails, one screw). The last two times I checked it right away when the alarm went off and it was at 28 psi. I use a fairly accurate tire pressure gauge. The sound of the alarm really grabs your attention.
 

·
SHIFT_chicks-rule!
Joined
·
1,988 Posts
Yea~~~Made me jump!!! When I checked my tires, the lowest was 32psi. None were 28 like the owners manual says.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,246 Posts
Mine scared the bageeges out of me when it went off also. I had just finished a really long day at work and was heading home. I got 1/2 mile from work and it went off! I thought the sky was falling!

Firecracker, I almost hate to say it, but beings how you just put that filter in, I have a funny feeling...... Please keep us posted as to what you find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slurppie said:
If you can't make it to the dealership and need the instructions on how to retrieve the code manually let me know.
Well, ended up coming to work instead. PM me those instructions if you would. I'm beginning to think it's just the fuel cap thing (I hope). Anyway, last night I did pull out the MAF sensor and there WAS some oil on it, pulled right across the shiny casing in two places! So, I still don't know. Then, I put it all back together (stock), and noticed every few seconds it would idle down to about 550 rpm, then back up to 1100 or so. :?

Anyway, I get back home this afternoon I'm gonna work on it some more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought it was the fuel cap. Anyway, I'd set up an appt at the dealer. Got in truck and headed that way when I noticed it was OFF! 8O Anyway, turned around and went back to work. Called my service advisor guy, and he said I should go ahead and come in and let them check it out..........I did. Well, turned out he pulled up two codes: P0172 & P0175 -- Fuel System Rich. He cleared the codes and everything checked out OK. He said if the SES comes back on I'd need a MAF sensor. Needless to say, my days modding the intake are probably over for now, can't afford a new MAF. I'll keep it mostly stock so it'll be covered under Warranty. (Sorry, BiXLL)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,246 Posts
firecracker said:
Thought it was the fuel cap. Anyway, I'd set up an appt at the dealer. Got in truck and headed that way when I noticed it was OFF! 8O Anyway, turned around and went back to work. Called my service advisor guy, and he said I should go ahead and come in and let them check it out..........I did. Well, turned out he pulled up two codes: P0172 & P0175 -- Fuel System Rich. He cleared the codes and everything checked out OK. He said if the SES comes back on I'd need a MAF sensor. Needless to say, my days modding the intake are probably over for now, can't afford a new MAF. I'll keep it mostly stock so it'll be covered under Warranty. (Sorry, BiXLL)
I don't blame you a bit! I would be extremly gunshy of doing anything if I all of a sudden had bells and whistles going off.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,842 Posts
Firecracker I'm curious if you added more oil to the filter cone filter when you installed it. Also how careful were you with that sensor. I wrapped mine in a paper towell and taped it and kept it to the back so I wouldn't even bump it. I knew how sensitive they were.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Yeah I too hate the low tire pressure warning. My mudders get run at 30 PSI using an Accugauge tire gauge that I use for the track and my alarm goes off EVERY day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
m4ck said:
Firecracker I'm curious if you added more oil to the filter cone filter when you installed it. Also how careful were you with that sensor. I wrapped mine in a paper towell and taped it and kept it to the back so I wouldn't even bump it. I knew how sensitive they were.
Nope, didn't add any oil as it was oiled from the manufacturer. I was pretty careful with that, as I know it is sensitive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,319 Posts
baja220 said:
Yea~~~Made me jump!!! When I checked my tires, the lowest was 32psi. None were 28 like the owners manual says.
When I talked to the service manager at my dealer about the press monitors, he told me you need to add about 3-4 more psi than normal for colder weather compensation. To me, 28 psi is 28 psi.....winter, summer or whatever. So, it must be a resistance change in the monitors due to colder temps that requires you to compensate by adding a few psi.....I don't know? As resistance changes with temp, voltage output will change as well, so sounds logical.

I haven't had any alarms yet.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
System Fuel Rich

When I did the homemade intake mod the pvc pipe I used was 2 3/4 " diameter this smaller pipe caused the same code to show up, I know it was the same code because I too put the oem back on and went to the dealer and had it checked, the only thing that I thought could be doing it was the velocity of air was increased because of the smaller pipe, went with a 3' pipe and problem was solved, also you can reset the ecu by disconnecting the negative post over night, with all of this being said,maybe the free flowing filter was enough to trip the code? Beleive me on resetting the ecu, I've done it about 6 times already. Any time you change something concerning the fuel or air flow it is a good idea to reset the ecu.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: System Fuel Rich

TNTTITAN said:
Any time you change something concerning the fuel or air flow it is a good idea to reset the ecu.
Now, I've heard two different opinions on this. Does it REALLY make a difference?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,246 Posts
If it is the increased airflow tripping the sensor, why does it not do it with the Volant installed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Re: System Fuel Rich

firecracker said:
TNTTITAN said:
Any time you change something concerning the fuel or air flow it is a good idea to reset the ecu.
Now, I've heard two different opinions on this. Does it REALLY make a difference?
This is my take on this subject: The ECU has it set perameters from stock equipment, these parameters will change with new equipment added but it takes it awhile to do so during that time if you are bringing in more airflow and the maf detects it the ecu will have to change the fuel mixture propotions, thus creating a error code because it has not reprogramed it self yet, now when you disconnect the negative post the ecu reset itself a lot faster because you have erased some of the memory of the stock equipment.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top