Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I will do the best I can on the info, truck at the body shop and do not remeber some info.

Info for the 2006 CC with Contitracs
1) OEM Contitracs
2) not sure of size other then they are the 6 lug 18's.
3) Overall performace - 8
4) Have 9k on them, and they are wearing great. Lots of life still in them. Have had to do some ivasive driving, and was impressed with the handling. When I was rear-ended they grabbed the road great to keep be from being pushed into the car in front of me. These have been the best OEM tires I have ever had in the 10 years and 4 new cars I have had.

Info for the 2005 KC with Good years
1) OEM Good Years
2) also the 6 lug 18's.
3) Overall performance - 4
4) Had 13k on them before the truck was traded in, and the tires were going to have to be changed real soon. They were okay in handeling, but not the best. And the wear was astonomical. I have never had a tire wear so fast.

·
Registered
192 Posts
1. BFG All Terrains KO's
2. 285/70/17
3. 9
4. Great Tire! I have had them on my last 3 trucks and usually gey 50-60,000 miles. I rotate them every 5,000 miles and check air pressure once a week. I will probably go with Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos next. They handle the snow with no problems.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Currently running 305/60R18 Toyo Proxess Tires. Life of the tire?? Not sure. The added width make them look like they are on a ten inch rim and they are not too wide for the stock 8" rim. Trust me i have tried my best to peel them off. Speaking of peeling they have excellent traction on the road but definitly not a off road tire as they have a tendency to slide over gravel. The guy I bought them from also has them on his wifes murano and his Armada and absolutely raves about them. They deserve an 8 even though I am not sure about tread life. Ride quality is excellent and they are very quiet on the highway.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
1) Michelin Pilot LTX
2)275/65/18
3)Overall Performance = 10
4) These are the best tires I have ever had. The are silent on the road, the handling is incredible, The truck sits in corners like you wouldn't believe, excellent traction in rain, gravel, pavement. These are a softer tire. Tread is supposed to be 40,000, I have about 2k on them now and they have held up nicely. Really good tire (it should be at $209 a tire).

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
1)Nitto Terra Grapplers
2)305/55/20 (33x12.5x20)
3)I say a 10!
4)Awesome tires in all conditions. Handles great on the road and very quite as well. In the 10kmi I put on them they have shown hardly any wear. I would say these tires are good for a solid 40kmi. Highly recommend them for an All Terrain Tire.

1)Pro Comp Xterrain
2)35x13.5x20
3)So far, also a 10!
4)For a tire this aggresive I am floored by how quite they are. They are only a tiny bit louder than my Nitto's were. They are awesome in the mud and so far they seem great on road as well. They seem to hold the road great and don't feel like a big meaty mud terrain tire. You can feel the lugs at slow speeds, under 10mph, but other than that they are nice and smooth on the road. I only have about 500 miles on these so far. I highly recommend them for those that want an aggressive mud terrain tire, but don't want the loudness that goes with them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I also have the Bridgestone Revo in stock size. I guess firecracker said it all in his post.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I just got a set of Michelin Cross Terrain, 265 70 18's today and man, I wish I would have put them on the day I got this thing. No road noise and it feels like you are riding on air. Totally incredible. I've always put Michelin's on before and now I remember why. The were on sale for $197 each with a 50$ discount on top of that.

·
Banned
1,287 Posts
I have the Stock Bridgestones Dueler A/T (P245/75/R17) with 61,000 miles and yes that's "SIXTY ONE THOUSAND MILES." Needless to say they are a 10. Great Tire and my next new tires of choice.

Rain, Snow, Ice, or Mud, these tires don't care and talk about cornering MOFO they are good for no less than 20 MPH faster than the posted corner speed with ease.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Stock

·
Registered
55 Posts
The tires when I bought the truck were BFG Rugged Trail.

285/70/17
Traction was an 8 out of 10, until the tread wore to the half way point, then they sucked. Especially in the snow. I only got 25,000 miles out of them in 8 months but I do some heavy towing. Overall I would rate the tire a 5 because of wear and traction on wet surfaces and snow.

I now have Goodyear Wrangler with the Silent Armor technology (LT285/70/17) and after 3000 miles I love them. Road noise it about the same, but this tire is a little more aggressive then the BFGs. They handle much better too, especially with a load in the truck or behind. Hopefully they wear better at over 200 a tire. Will post again after some more use.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
nitto terra grapplers
325/50/22
So far they are great. Not much louder than stock. They are heavy as hell though. Heaviest tire I have ever lifted.. Would definatelt get them again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up a set of Bridgestone Dueler Revos in 285 70R17. New size for that tire I unbderstand. I am very impressed so far. iexpect that to continue I know guys that have these in other sizes and are very pleased. So much better than the stock BFG I had on.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Falken Tires

Falken Ziex S/T-04
285/60/18
Overall Rating (as of 5-11-06) - 7
Current miles on these tires are low (approx. 1500).
I will update as they wear.

These Falken tires were very inexpensive. $114 each (delivered) from Discount Tire Direct.

So far, these are decent tires. I got them for spring and summer use only. Definitely not intended for mud/snow/off-road.

Treadwear - I really cant give a solid rating for this yet. They still look brand new after 1500 miles.

Traction - 7 - Even though these are performance oriented tires they arent spectactular in that category by any means. They do "good" in dry and wet conditions. If you want serious traction (for racing) then I would recommend a softer tire (Ie. KDW's).

Handling - 8 - Tires ride surprisingly good under normal driving conditions.

Road noise - 8 - Not bad.. thought they'd be a little louder than they are.

Obviosly, time will tell on how well these tires will hold up. I balance and rotate religiously so I will be able to provide fairly accurate updates.

Even though the jury is still out on final ruling, at this current time I would say these tires are a good bang for the buck.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
I just got a set of Kumho ECSTA STX 285/60/18. I would have to rate them a 9 so far. Excellent handling, slightly shorter than stock, but a little wider to make up for it. Will post some pictures when I get back home.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
265/35/R22 Kumho ECSTA STX Tires with TIS model 07 Rims
Handling and ride comfort are great, for being 22's they are pretty light weight. Burn outs are still no problem :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
(1) BFG All Terrains KO
(2) 285-70X17
(3) Street = 5, Off Road = 9
(4) Not my 1st choice, but suffered 3 flats after 300 miles of extreme off roading in Death Valley and these and the OEM Rugged Trails were the only replacements available. Performance: substantial understeer, a little noisier than OEM, heavier than OEM, stiffer enough ride to warrant a suspension mod that increases mechanical traction on rough roads. Gas milage reduced by 0.3mpg even though inflation is 50 psi. Off road they are very good. About 25% of my miles are off the pavement so this is a plus on those occasions. Tread pattern and duty rating combine to provide excellent durability and puncture resistance, but tread loads quickly in the mud. Am looking for a 2nd set of OEM wheels to mount more street friendly tires for daily driving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sumitomo's

Sumitomo
305-40R-22's
Great street tire, rides good on the road despite the short sidewall. Also fairly inexpensive for 22's ($200).

1 - 20 of 194 Posts