Nissan Titan Forum banner

141 - 160 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Wow no posts on this thread in 3 months.

I swapped out my 285/70R17 BFG AT KO's on my stock OR rims for a set of 305/65R18's on LE rims, thanks again for the rims Doola.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I definately have some rub on my terra grappler 325/60/18 but love the way they look. They only rub when you have the wheel cranked one way or the other but it get's your attention.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
stockers now....but want to get the BFGoodrich KDW's in the 285-60-18 very soon

·
Registered
24 Posts
305/50/20 Kumho ecsta stx. Excellent tire w/ no rubbing!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Anybody know how to get the weight of terra grappler 285-65-18's?They're one of the few that don't have the weight listed on their site.

·
Registered
558 Posts
skeet said:
Anybody know how to get the weight of terra grappler 285-65-18's?They're one of the few that don't have the weight listed on their site.
I haven't seen the weight of any Nitto listed at nittotire.com ... where did you see weights listed?

I got the weight of the Nitto TG LT295/70R17 D 55 lbs. and the LT305/70R17 E 61 lbs. by contacting http://nittotire.com/#index.contact and asking them.

Took about a month and a half. If you have a bathroom scale, go by the tire shop and weigh yourself and the tire, then just yourself, and subtract your weight from the combined weight. :)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
NorCal 4x4 said:
I haven't seen the weight of any Nitto listed at nittotire.com ... where did you see weights listed?

I got the weight of the Nitto TG LT295/70R17 D 55 lbs. and the LT305/70R17 E 61 lbs. by contacting http://nittotire.com/#index.contact and asking them.

Took about a month and a half. If you have a bathroom scale, go by the tire shop and weigh yourself and the tire, then just yourself, and subtract your weight from the combined weight. :)
Thanks.I sent them a email.Why they don't just list the info I'll never know.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Toyo-Open Country 265 70 18. just had them put on but so far ride is much better that the base xe wheels/tires that i had on

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
285/65/18 Nitto dune grappler. great handling tires, little to no road noise, great in all terrains. I have noticed that my gas mileage has gone down with these tires but personnally I don't care about that. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Toyo Open Country M/T 37X13.5X22. Them handle pretty good on the road with slightly louder and stock road noise. I haven't really taken them offroad yet, but hopefully soon.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Went with the Michilin Cross Terrain SUV tires in size 265-70-18 about 3000 miles ago. As quiet as the old SR/A's, better in water, with about the same traction as when the SR/A's were new. I do find however that the Cross Terrains have more sidewall flex. Always feels like your driving in a light crosswind, especially with a load in the truck or if I am pulling a trailer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If it was mentioned I didn't see it so any opinions on sumitomos? found some Sumitomo HTR Sport H/P on tirerack for 109 and the tread looks decent in the pics. I'm lookin for somethin with decent performance in all weather and to last, sadly $ right now doesn't permit two sets for warm and cold season sets, so I gotta look for somethin practical and economical without sacrificing quality. All input welcome!

Oh and I'm thinking about going a little wider on my stock 18' rims if possible

·
Registered
605 Posts
i have a yokohama 315/70/70 ht/s highway all season
very quiet,only ran about 1000 miles on them.:)

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
i have a yokohama 315/70/70 ht/s highway all season
very quiet,only ran about 1000 miles on them.:)
Where did you find the 70" rims at? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scheibe-big:

I Know, You miss typed 17".

·
Registered
824 Posts
Currently running 305/60R18 Toyo Proxess Tires. Life of the tire?? Not sure. The added width make them look like they are on a ten inch rim and they are not too wide for the stock 8" rim. Trust me i have tried my best to peel them off. Speaking of peeling they have excellent traction on the road but definitly not a off road tire as they have a tendency to slide over gravel. The guy I bought them from also has them on his wifes murano and his Armada and absolutely raves about them. They deserve an 8 even though I am not sure about tread life. Ride quality is excellent and they are very quiet on the highway.
Will these clear the front mud flaps with this size? I will have the 2" leveling kit on by then, just making sure they will clear with no rub with this size.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yokohama Perada Spec-X
305\45\22

·
Registered
244 Posts
1)Nitto Terra Grapplers
2)305/55/20 (33x12.5x20)
3)I say a 10!
4)Awesome tires in all conditions. Handles great on the road and very quite as well. In the 10kmi I put on them they have shown hardly any wear. I would say these tires are good for a solid 40kmi. Highly recommend them for an All Terrain Tire.

1)Pro Comp Xterrain
2)35x13.5x20
3)So far, also a 10!
4)For a tire this aggresive I am floored by how quite they are. They are only a tiny bit louder than my Nitto's were. They are awesome in the mud and so far they seem great on road as well. They seem to hold the road great and don't feel like a big meaty mud terrain tire. You can feel the lugs at slow speeds, under 10mph, but other than that they are nice and smooth on the road. I only have about 500 miles on these so far. I highly recommend them for those that want an aggressive mud terrain tire, but don't want the loudness that goes with them.
They get louder as they wear. But still a great tire.

141 - 160 of 194 Posts