Nissan Titan Forum banner

161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Update: I posted somewhere back there a while ago and have an update. I have Goodyear Wrangles; Pro-grade. 285/70/17. The first set I got 65,000 miles out of them and I towed a lot. Sometimes as much as 14,000 lbs. I know, more than it should tow. The second set I have 70,000 on and took them off for winter. I will get 85,000 out of them for sure. I now have a third set of them on for winter as I love them. They are a great all round tire as I travel a lot. I work in the woods and there tires are aggressive enough to handle mud and snow but are still very quite on the road. Oh, only one flat with each set. The first set was a rock when they were wore out and the second set was a nail from the local transfer station.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just had purchase second of tires since OE BFG's 285/70-17
#1 set were Bridgestone Duelers Revo AT only got 27000 miles out them, a little more noise than i liked. Mainly used in City driviing.
#2 set purchased yesterday Firestone Destinations AT they have more of a Highway tread design. I hope to get more mileage out of them though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Update: I posted somewhere back there a while ago and have an update. I have Goodyear Wrangles; Pro-grade. 285/70/17. The first set I got 65,000 miles out of them and I towed a lot. Sometimes as much as 14,000 lbs. I know, more than it should tow. The second set I have 70,000 on and took them off for winter. I will get 85,000 out of them for sure. I now have a third set of them on for winter as I love them. They are a great all round tire as I travel a lot. I work in the woods and there tires are aggressive enough to handle mud and snow but are still very quite on the road. Oh, only one flat with each set. The first set was a rock when they were wore out and the second set was a nail from the local transfer station.
That is incredible mileage out of set of Goodyears. I had two sets of Wranglers on an old F-150 I used to have and I never got over 30K miles out of them and I rotated them regularily. How you guys get this kind of mileage out of a set of tires is beyond me - and I am not hard on tires at all.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Man how many miles you got on your T the way I figure your over 135,000?What type shocks? I've heard they play a major roll in tire life. Is your T stock? Any problems with tranny,axle seals,or anything? Man I dream of those kinda miles! You have a maintance schedule? How about radiator?Thanks for any info. I'm sold on those tires for my next set!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nitto Terra Graplers

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Started with Stock Rugged Turds 285 70 17
2nd set 295 70 17 Terra Grapplers
3rd set (used) 325 60 18 Terra Grapplers
4th set (used) 35x12.5 18 Toyo Open Country M/T's....

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Started with
18" Stock LE's w/ OEM Crapyears
17" Stock 17" OR Wheels w/ Stock Ragged Trails
17" AR Mojave Teflons w/ Cooper Discoverer S/T's

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
BFG Ragged Turds on stock 18s
Toyo Open Country M/T on Ballistic 20s

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got 20" Sumitomos on my '06 LE.

·
SHIFT_Audio/Video_Moderator
3,954 Posts
I have around 29k on my Procomp X-Terrains, and they still have about half their tread, though they are a lot noisier now than when they were newer. The compound in the tread gets harder toward the bottom. I will no doubt go with the BFG KOs on my next round. Always loved those tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
bigger tire suggestions form stock 18" wheels on 04' titan

Ive got an 04 with the stock 18" five spoke wheels. Im currently running the standard 265-70-r18 size tires and want to move up to a bigger tire, at least 285 maybe more. My truck is a 2wd but i do have a 2-1/2" leveling kit on the front. Any tire suggestions? Can I put a 285 on that wheel and it fit properly? At sams they told my that my wheel was two skinny to put larget tires on, and at tirerack when u search by vehicle, only that one size comes up. Let me know what yall think, thanks, -Justin

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts

·
SHIFT_CT's_"Screech"
3,623 Posts
Toyo M/Ts. Love them.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am now running Kumho road ventures. I love them. With all the snow we had they've been awesome, I didnt even put any weight in the back of my truck it handled so well. I would totally recommend them to anyone. They blow away the deuler revos I had and were shot at 30k. I have 6k on the kumhos and they are wearing great. I can't say enough about them I have been really happy with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have Duratracs and love them. had them off-road a lot and they are unstoppable. Have not tried it in snow yet, but they have the snow flake symbols on them which apparently means they are good in snow and they have places to put metal studs in them. Quiet and smooth ride too.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have Duratracs and love them. had them off-road a lot and they are unstoppable. Have not tried it in snow yet, but they have the snow flake symbols on them which apparently means they are good in snow and they have places to put metal studs in them. Quiet and smooth ride too.
that's what I'm getting for my SUV soon. Going to move to Seattle, so need a good wet tire, and they just look good!

161 - 180 of 194 Posts