Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 Titan LE 4x4. It has the Bully dog GT, AEM CAI, Power Aid TBS, custom exhaust, leveling kit and a true trac in the rear. I would prefer to not get rid of my BD GT, I like being abel to monitor the different features it gives me.
So the question I have is whats next? Like the title says I have about 5K to spend including labor. I was thinking DT long tubes and JW cams. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm with the Doug Thorley's and cams!!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'd lift the hell out of it and slap some 35" or 37" Toyo M/T's on Jester wheels... :D

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
L-i-f-t :)

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
I know it doesn't sound like fun, but I would put that 5K in a tax free bond fund!

·
Registered
494 Posts
The real question is if you are into speed or style? Do you offroad any or on-road only?

I am unsure if you get the LTs and the CAMs if the BD-GT will be enough to keep it safe. You may need to invest in UpRev at that time.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I'd save it for a rainy day.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I would say save your cash, but my other personality says to get the cams and long tube headers. lol... Once you go this route, you will need to get rid of your BD and look in to UpRev. So, your purchase will be UpRev, headers, and cams. $5K should easily cover all parts and install with money to spare. Get the 07' intake manifold too just to complete your motor. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, great info so far.

Thanks for your info guys. To answer one guys question, Im into speed. I love smoking rice burners at street lights. My question is what is the big deal with the uprev and why might it hurt my motor to stay with the BD if I go the cam and header route?

·
Registered
93 Posts
stillen superchargers are on sale right now. just a few pennies shy of 5k

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for your info guys. To answer one guys question, Im into speed. I love smoking rice burners at street lights. My question is what is the big deal with the uprev and why might it hurt my motor to stay with the BD if I go the cam and header route?
With cams and headers, your AFRs are going to probably be way out of whack. Uprev fixes this along with a lot of other things. If you get cams and headers without a proper tune, you are not going to see the benefits from the products so there is no point. Plus it will hurt you engine if you run way to lean or way to rich. The bully dog cant fix this and as far as the supercharger goes, a lot of people have had bad luck with it. There are plenty of titans faster than mine even though i have the supercharger, but I do outweigh most titans by 1000lbs or more. Have fun with that money man!!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
UPREV, headers, cams.!!!! .....if you lift your T and get bigger tires don't count on beating any ricers :/

·
Registered
5 Posts
What To Do With $1K, $5K, or $10K of Savings In Your Twenties?

Many recent college graduates have asked what is the best investments for their savings, ranging from a few to tens of thousands of dollars.

The best suggestion is to park your money in a liquid, high interest-bearing bank account while you read up on different types of investments and determine your financial plans and risk tolerance. There are several banks with very high paying interest rates like Emigrant Direct (3.25% APY) and ING DIRECT (2.80% APY).

The biggest mistake you can make is to look at the stock market and without doing any research, sink your money in the market thinking you can double your money in a short period of time. This type of irrational behavior is just blind gambling. If you don’t know what you’re doing, don’t do it. It is very important to prevent disastrous mistakes that can hinder your way to financial success. I know, because I have made mistakes in the past.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I'm only posting in this thread to find out what AirborneTitan did with the $5K. If it was me it would have been DT LT headers, JWT cams and Berk b-pipes and of course Uprev. Hopefully I would have enough money left over to beef up the transmission.

·
Registered
746 Posts
^^^ Exactly.... Don't forget Transgo for the valve body.... Then, his Titan will haul a$$ without a doubt. I can't wait to get the JWT cams in my Titan, I just hope Jared can tune me without having to go to a dyno.

BTW, what did you do AirBorne Titan???? Installing a mod is like waking up Christmas morning. LMAO

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE!!! The money is all gone.

Update on the 5k. DT longtubes, true dual magnaflow 14"w/ no kats, new brakes, new Optima yellow top battery, new NGK laser platinum plugs, new front suspension and 33x12.50 General Grabbers. A few odds and ends have been done as well. I removed the skreen from the intake and heat wrapped my AEM intake. Of kourse the wife took some like most women do. UPREV and JWT kams are soon to kome. Im seriously konsidering a superkharger though. We will see what the future holds. Sorry about all the Ks, my 4 year old broke the see key.:puke::puke:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I assume you having 5k to spend means you have your finances in order so the heck with saving I say mod. LT headers and cams are a good way to go but I think you still have quite a bit more money to play with when that's all said and done. If I'm not mistaken aren't the cams from JWT only around 1200ish. I'd include UpRev and try to snag up a nice set of used wheels and tires. Headers cost around 700-800 on the high end to install if you go to a shop and you are still under budget...lol, that's what I'd do. My only question is aren't Stillen LT Headers better?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well guys i love shopping or you can say a shopaholic, whatever i have i spend it in shopping and yes definitely i am going to spend those $5k in shopping , i like wearing new, stylish and expensive clothes , so most of my pocket money goes to a good clothes store. but who is going to give $5k and for what?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts