Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I just purchased my Titan PRO-4X (picking it up today!) and now I am starting to get my research done for performance improvements that I would eventually like to do.

Can anyone tell me if installing any of the following aftermarket accessories will void the factory warranty or not:

1. exhaust
2. air intake
3. chips
4. any other performance part any one may wish to comment on.

Any and all comments/recommendations welcome!

Thanks,

jwr

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Exhaust and intakes shouldnt be a problem for factory warranty. Our trucks doesnt use chips. Not sure about headers, someone else will chime in on that. For tuners, just unmarry them before any factory work is done.

·
Registered
549 Posts
take a look at this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

Also a dealer cannot void the warranty on the vehicle unless the issue is due to an aftermarket part
This is the exact answer I was going to put.

The Magnuson Moss Act protects is used to protect owners and manufacturers. It lays out in a simple language that as long as whatever you added didn't cause the issue, it is still covered. There are some grey areas so you just have to take a step back and look at both sides of the argument. A good example is motor mods the destroy a trans. If you add enough power adders, the trans will be toast so don't expect to put a SC on it with spray and have the trans replaced every 5k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.