Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, Got a 2005 and was wanting to improve exhuast flow but dont want the noise and drone. I would like to keep the truck as quite as possible like the stock sound. I am about to buy a S&B CAI and the S/C cortex in a day or so. I think I'm just going to do a muffler swap to save some cash. What is your opinion?

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts
The 22" Magnaflow is probably your best choice.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have a buddy that has a Tundra and the TRD exhaust has a terrrible interior drone I dont want. I guess I'm getting old..lol

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
22" magnaflow

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I have a 24"x5"x8"x3"SISO Oval Magnaflow. Love it!

But, for a quiet exhaust (not sure if all would call it high flow), check out Borla. It is a very smooth sound, almost soothing! Might be your thing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
remove all the cats and then after the headers re do the pipe 2.5 true dual with a 2in 2out magnaflow then a 3ich after the muffler best set up everr i noticee a Big difference

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
remove all the cats and then after the headers re do the pipe 2.5 true dual with a 2in 2out magnaflow then a 3ich after the muffler best set up everr i noticee a Big difference
Um, the OP did ask for the quietest system. A 2.5" system would likely cause him to lose low end power.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How big is the dia of the exhaust on my stock Titan? I would like the jba catback but can't right now. Just pulled the plug on a bullydog three tuner.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I believe the exhaust is 2.25" to the muffler, then 3" after that.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate your advice.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yea the 22" is nice about like stock but the 14" maggy is FUN,loud and proformance is gooooood!( I had the 14" on for about two months befor getting the22" The noise made the wife cringe hahaha)

·
Registered
276 Posts
From what I understand the Gibson Sweptside has good performance gains over stock, yet is said to be a mellow tone. This will probably be my next exhaust. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the way my truck sounds now with the Flowmaster Deltraflow 50 w/custom dual tails, but the drone can be a bit rough on the nerves at certain highway speeds.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
From what I understand the Gibson Sweptside has good performance gains over stock, yet is said to be a mellow tone. This will probably be my next exhaust. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the way my truck sounds now with the Flowmaster Deltraflow 50 w/custom dual tails, but the drone can be a bit rough on the nerves at certain highway speeds.
Had a Gibson Supertruck on my old Hemi and there's only 1 way to describe it. It sounded like my foot was in it the whole time!! It had the same tone at idle as when I was ankle deep in it... Just louder. Liked it alot though.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hahaha! Yeah, I've heard that about the Supertruck system, guess that's why it's named that way! I've yet to actually see (or hear) the single tail Sweptside, but everything I've read says it makes good power, quietly. lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I think I have narrowed to the JBA or the Gibson or just a 22" magnaflow. I would like the system with a mellow tone not loud with no drone in the cab. Quite but the best performer. Has anyone heard these systems and what is your opinion on them? My truck is a 05.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Well I think I have narrowed to the JBA or the Gibson or just a 22" magnaflow. I would like the system with a mellow tone not loud with no drone in the cab. Quite but the best performer. Has anyone heard these systems and what is your opinion on them? My truck is a 05.
The Gibson has a "resonator tube" going into the muffler and I believe it would be more quiet than JBA but JBA is the proven beat performer.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks that is a good article. He states the jba is loud and others say its tame. I guess this pushes me towards a Gibson.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts