Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to install something and I need to attach a piece to the dash. I have the QX56. Don't know if the Titan and QX56 have the same dash material or not. The piece I'm trying to attach comes with double sided 3M tape. That is normally pretty strong stuff. But when I applied it to the dash, the piece held for around 10 seconds then just fell off. I applied pressure to be sure the tape secured. But it wasn't even close. I was surprised. Trying to apply it to the main part of the dash (the contoured material most of the dash is made of).

Does anyone know of anything that could be used in place of the tape that will not leave any permanent spots on the dash? I'm going to try ind. strength velcro next but sure the adhesive/tape on that is not as strong as the double sided tape. I'd think any adhesive will leave a permanent spot on the dash if I decide to get rid of this thing later on, so that's not an option.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Did you prep the spot with alcohol or clean it with a degreaser first? Maybe thats why it didnt stick so good?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Caution: I found that industrial strength velcro adhesive does not hold up to Southern summer when applied to the windshield*. The adhesive stayed on the windshield and the loop tape sloughed off. You would not want that nasty residue on your dash.
*This was a big 4" x 2" strip holding a tolltag about 1" smaller. (Though in fairness it was subjected to both direct sunlight and a semi-reflective sun shield, so it probably cooked.)

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
i'm with silver seven. how well was your prep? nothing will stick if the surfaces is dirty. that includes any shine products that have been used on your dash. i've used plenty of 3m tape outside of the truck, with no failures, don't know why it won't stick to clean, smooth plastic inside the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts