Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the heck is going on here? Is no one going off road with this bad a$$ truck? I want to hear some stories from Titan owners about what their truck can do! Come on folks, let’s hear about those mud holes you conquered or those sand dunes you spanked! I know you’re out there, so let’s hear it!

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
I don't think I am quite ready to take my $30,000.00 plus truck into a mud hole!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
man, k9....all of those hurricanes have pulled ALL of the moisture out of Arkansas. It's hard to even find some mud! :lol: :lol:

I used to have a Jeep.....it'll wash, too! :lol:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Believe me K9, I will be VERY soon. We're in the middle of trying to sell the place we're in, and closing on the new one. Once I have time on my hands, you see proof of it taking on some serious tasks. Pics will be coming. We'll see what the Titan can accomplish, when I get to work on the new property as well... lots of space on an old farm land... old buildings to be pulled down, and lots of mud in between. :twisted:

·
Registered
18 Posts
story

I went mud riding two days after I got my titan and I had it covered all the way up to the middle of my doors, my friend was with me in his F-250, which sucks. When he seen that he said I was stuck I kicked it down to 4lo and drove right through it after that he tried to go through the same thing and got stuck I had to pull him out. Now that shows the power of the titan. Pulling a f-250 out at the same time as working my way through more mud and ruts.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i love to go 4x4ing, and your right mud washes off.
pic of the dodge is right before i pulled him out, offroad capabilitys of this truck impressed me in stock trim. in 4 lo when i was pullin him out all 4 tires were spinning not just 2. i also dropped into some mud holes that were much deeper then i thought. front tire slid into a mud hole that was up and over my front bumper which sucked the whole truck down into the hole, i didnt want to lose my momentem so i just floored it and she went right through the hole. got a little scared for a sec cause if i would have got stuck the mud water would have gone in the cab it was so deep 8O

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
My theory on where I take my truck is: I bought it to use it and I will do just that but I will not purposely do somthing that will damage it. Light offroading is what I guess I would do - not trying to go over or through things as fsst as I can but rather get through careful if possible.

·
Registered
201 Posts
DHregdovic said:
My theory on where I take my truck is: I bought it to use it and I will do just that but I will not purposely do somthing that will damage it. Light offroading is what I guess I would do - not trying to go over or through things as fsst as I can but rather get through careful if possible.
I'm with this guy I use my for hunting, and I take real good care of it, but I do go thru some rough places. I use but don't abuse.
RT :idea:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have to agree. There's not much offroading around here but she WILL go offroad. I'll try to climb anything that I don't think will damage her, but I won't go through a mud hole without seeing someone else try first. Don't want water and mud up over the hood, ya know?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Took mine on some desert trails shortly after buying it. Out in the middle of nowhere I found myself on a narrow road with hard brush on either side. Picked up some "rocky mountain pinstripes" that an electric buffer still hasn't been able to get out. Earlier this year I took her to a local OHV park and had some fun in the mud and messed around on the obsticle course but steered clear of brush.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Off Road

Hey, they forgot snow on the poll! It washes right off and acts just like mud!

I typically run in the sand but if I were to do anything more serious, our current tires have got to go! 8O

I will swap out for BFT AT/KO's soon and be more comfortable taking it onto the fire trails in the mountains of North Carolina. Wash out's, deep ruts, rocks all in one location...on a road! :eek:

Oh yes, I'll get pictures in a few weeks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
titan wheelin'

i have had my titan out several times no sissy stuff here either you make it or you break it and i can tell u my titan sucks for four whelling unit disengages while climbing steep hills, overheats, no power in reverse like its goverend or something....this is a 2005 titan 6 in lift 35 inch tires...i have an appointment with the dealer this week to try to resolve these problems since the last time out i almost rolled the truck sliding backwards down a steep mountain because the 4wd unit disengaged...i hope they can fix it because i loved this truck till that happend

1 - 20 of 21 Posts