Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY EVERYONE, I HAVE THE FLOWMASTER SINGLE, IN SINGLE OUT. IS THE DUAL IN, SINGLE OUT BETTER OR ABOUT THE SAME. OR WOULD IT BE BETTER TO GO WITH GIBSON OR BANKS?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE IS THE ONLY THING I'M LOOKING FOR. OF COURSE I DO LOVE THE SOUND OF THE FLOWMASTER.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I dont think you will find a more freer flowing exhaust than the Banks. It is a straight through design with mandrel bent 3" T304 stainless steel. Definately worth the $500. Though the exhaust tip is not the best looking IMO (that is why I changed it).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BANKS MIGHT BE THE BEST FREE FLOWING, BUT THAT'S NOT ALWAYS THE BEST. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD DO A DYNO ON ALL THREE EXHAUST:FLOWMASTER, BANKS, AND GIBSON

·
Registered
791 Posts
PHILL said:
BANKS MIGHT BE THE BEST FREE FLOWING, BUT THAT'S NOT ALWAYS THE BEST. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD DO A DYNO ON ALL THREE EXHAUST:FLOWMASTER, BANKS, AND GIBSON
Don't forget the JBA. It has alot of following. Just ask Slurpie.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I think the Gibson and JBA single side exhausts have been the best performers. There are some dyno's posted around if you search here and over on the "other" site. :)

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
TitanHauler said:
PHILL said:
Don't forget the JBA. It has alot of following. Just ask Slurpie.
Also, don't forget the B&B.

·
Registered
177 Posts
In my opinion from all the exhaust I've heard so far on a Titan the Borla sounds the best.

Having said that the Gibson-Volant combo yielded some pretty decent performance gains according to dyno.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Re:

I'll second the Borla notion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Sounds sooooooo sweet....... :p

·
Registered
893 Posts
Any of the cat-back systems should produce similar gains. I'm not talking about a custom muffler shop system here. What I am referring to is the complete systems from the manufacturer which are tuned and tested to create power. So other factors besides overall HP and torque should be considered when choosing. Some may like loud or quiet. I chose the flowmaster system because I love the way they sound. Personally, I think the Tri-Flow system is the best made, but is costly. The construction and design are first rate (no generic slip fit pipes). My .02 anyways.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, i have the flowmaster cat-back system, i love it. it sounds great and produce plenty of horses that you can feel. i was just wondering how mine compared to other after-market exhaust systems. anyways just wondering if anyone has race the dodge hemi? i have a neighbor thinks he can whip me.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
PHILL said:
HEY EVERYONE, I HAVE THE FLOWMASTER SINGLE, IN SINGLE OUT...
PHILL said:
yeah, i have the flowmaster cat-back system, i love it...
I thought the only cat-back system Flowmaster currently has for the Titan is the single in, dual out like I have. Do you mean you just have the Flowmaster muffler on a custom set-up?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Caltitan said:
PHILL said:
HEY EVERYONE, I HAVE THE FLOWMASTER SINGLE, IN SINGLE OUT...
PHILL said:
yeah, i have the flowmaster cat-back system, i love it...
I thought the only cat-back system Flowmaster currently has for the Titan is the single in, dual out like I have. Do you mean you just have the Flowmaster muffler on a custom set-up?
Cal,
He must have a custom setup because the flowmaster is single in dual out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I just have the old custom job, nothing special. I'm working on getting a cat-back system, it's kinda costly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts