Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't really search for this since I don't know what it is I'm asking about, I just know what it does and where it goes. So, what is it? :roll:

What is the grease/wax substance you put on the black thing that has the position stops when you open the doors? I noticed tonight that my drivers side front door popped a couple times while opening it. I found that the stuff on the black thing is causing that by sticking in a couple places. I would like to get some of this stuff so I can re-lube the black thingies.

PS> What are the black thingies called?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Havock,

I've looked through the service manual (Door sections) and can't find ANY information on them. I'll see if I can find any sort of a "Lube" section. You could always call the dealership.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mine were dry when I took it to the dealer for an oil change I told them I had to slam the door to get it to shut, so they lubed it up for me I asked them what they used and all they said was a special lubricant :?:

·
Go fast tester
11,912 Posts
Special....probably 4 in 1!! I'm sure it was better then that....or all us okies...WD40 will fix anything!! :***:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CLG said:
Mine were dry when I took it to the dealer for an oil change I told them I had to slam the door to get it to shut, so they lubed it up for me I asked them what they used and all they said was a special lubricant :?:

What a jackazz for not answering your question!

I got a copy of the Service Manual and am guessing that this is what they use:
Multi-purpose grease — — — NLGI No. 2 (lithium soap base)

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the lube chart I used to make my guess:

Attachments

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Silicone Spray

If the "Black Thingies" in question are made of rubber, then use some silicone spray. They make it so it leaves a dry coating and doesn't rub off on everything.

I spray my door gaskets all the time with this sturff and the doors open in winter without problem.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Re: Silicone Spray

rdfeatherstone said:
If the "Black Thingies" in question are made of rubber, then use some silicone spray. They make it so it leaves a dry coating and doesn't rub off on everything.

I spray my door gaskets all the time with this sturff and the doors open in winter without problem.
Kinda off topic here, but in regards to the door gaskets, the best stuff I have ever found is called "gummyphfliege" (something like that). It is only available thru a BMW dealer. It is the most amazing rubber conditioner I have ever seen or used. It will stop any gasket sqweak and will never freeze. It actually makes the gaskets seal better too. Anyway, just thought I'de mention it. I found out about it on an Audi forum when I had my A4. Gotta love these forums! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts