Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I have recently begun having issues with my stock radio (AM/FM w/6 disc changer/non-Rockford Fosgate). The AM/FM doesn't pull in stations from afar as is normal with any radio. Both AM/FM don't pull in any stations until within the vicinity of the transmitters (AM within probably a 5-10 mile radius/ FM within probably 30-50 mile radius).

I had done some research and found that there were issues with the '04 radios but none mention issues with the '06 radios. My Titan is a 2006, CC, 4x4 that is pretty much stock.

Any suggestions or ideas on what could be the problem would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
I haven't had the chance to get under the dash, but now that I'm thinking about it, I'll need to figure out how to get the front panel of the radio off. But I know if I search the forums I'm pretty sure I'll find out how. I may get a chance to do it this weekend so I'll post on Monday to let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
Just a short update. I managed to pull the radio over the weekend and did not notice anything out of the ordinary. All cables and connections were secure so I put everything back together. Of course I've got the airbag blinking so I'll try the fix I saw on another post here in CT. I am at a loss to figure out what is causing this. I did see a post that suggested the alternator had something to do with the radio but I couldn't find any more information or posts regarding this. But all is not lost as the CD player still works and I can get used to no radio. So we'll wait and see what anyone else suggests.

·
Registered
709 Posts
My AM got weak and died; the dealer replaced it under factory warrentee (at roughly 30,000). Replacement still works (5yr later). The FM (and AM) sensitivity never was great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, My warranty has long expired. I have 184,000 miles on my Titan and don't think they'd replace it. I've gotten around to checking the antennae connection and didn't find anything wrong with it either. I'm out of options on what to check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.