Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of people run higher pressures in their tires (D,E) load ranges and the such, but is there a spec somewhere about what the rims can handle?

Some nay-sayers over at www.rv.net say the wheels themselves cannot handle the higher pressures of a LT tire. ???

Any info out there?

-Lab

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't have information about the Titan wheels but I've read several post lately that people are running tire pressures up to 60 psi. That just sounds nuts to me and their T must ride like Fred Flintstone's car.

But what do I know? The proof is in the pudding and if it works and rides OK and doesn't collapse the wheel, who am I to argue the point?

I run my tires, just regular SUV/Crossover tires (Michelin LTX M/S 2) at 35 psi and they run smooth and quiet with a good ride with an empty truck. The maximum pressure listed is 44 psi but I wouldn't add anywhere near that much pressure unless I was carrying a very heavy load.

·
Registered
317 Posts
dont go over the tires rating. my max is 44psi and i run it at 35 as well, and w/ a load 40-42. idk what the rating is on the 20s you got though.

btw...i would think the tires would go before the rims. why are you wanting to put so much pressure in? it wont wear correctly...

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is usually a stamp on the back of the wheels. I will have to check it out one day. We run them higher than manufacturer specs all the time and have no issues. All wheels have weight ratings though which of course is higher than your truck and anything you can tow. You should never have a need to go over 50psi though.

·
Registered
894 Posts
My tires came off a F250.. forget the size, but they fill in nice and don't rube. They are contintals.

They are rated at 90psi max.. I once ran them at 90psi and yes, it was like driving with wooden wheels.

So now I run them between 65-75psi and up to 90 if I got some heafty loads going on. Never had an issue in the past few years..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts