Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do when the dealer techs are incompetent, lazy or it just plain isn't in the dealer's interest to solve the problem your Titan is having? Get a second opinion! I stumbled upon this web site (http://www.schleeter.com) called "Second Opinion" when I was looking for standards for brake fluid change intervals.

You sort of have to dig around their web site to figure out what the company does. See the Services Offered section.

I got to talking with Norris through email. I wanted to get a feel for what he could do. Here are the questions I asked:
1. If I go with long tube headers and only two catalytic converters will I absolutely fail the front range emissions test?
2. Can you recommend a shop that can fabricate a new set of catalytic converters to go between the short tube headers and the b-pipes?
3. Can you recommend a shop that can do the header install?
4. Are the aftermarket performance high flow catalytic converters just as good at handling emissions as the OEM catalytic converters?

I wasn't asking for the answers yet. I posed the questions to see if he felt qualified to answer them. He responded that he was qualified. To get the answers I can pass the questions to him by email and he'll respond after I pay (via Paypal).

In the case of a project like headers he said he would function like a consultant to make sure I had the right parts and was connected to a shop that he thought could get the work done in a reasonable and competent manner. I'm a real newbie at major mods like headers. There are questions that I probably don't even know to ask. So having someone holding my hand along the way is pretty attractive to me.

Norris is located in the Denver area (a huge bonus for me!) but he'll take questions from anywhere. He said he has worked with folks from the local Z Club so he's familiar with Nissan vehicles.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts