Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Curious.. my research showed most are using the 10 meter radios now? I saw one mounting on the consol side by the drivers leg. I have always been told the antenna showed be mounted in the center of the roof so the ground plane is equal and signal will radiate to all sides, but most mount on bed rail or bumper. what kind of antenna are you using?

·
Registered
304 Posts
cb radios

search 10 meter radios for some pics and imput

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 10 meter radio and linear mounted in my center console. I had to cut out the bottom of the compartment for a little extra depth to accomodate the antenna connector etc. and still be able to close the lid. My antennas are mounted on my across the bed toolbox and I have one extra mount I attached to the right rear on the utilitrack. Slight modification to a cb mirror clamp mount and bolts right up. I have a 2nd cb mount there for a 108" whip. The cb antenna on the toolbox is a Wilson 5000. My scanner and 2 meter antennas are also on the toolbox. I didn't want to drill a hole in the roof for any of them. Sheet metal up there is pretty thin. Sorry I don't have any pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts